Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks Atrocity League

• 26-03-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

19:35 Galway ? - ? Shamrock Rovers

19:45 Bohemians ? - ? Sligo Rovers

19:45 Dundalk ? - ? St. Patricks :)

19:45 Sporting Fingal ? - ? Drogheda United

19:45 UC Dublin ? - ? Bray Wanderers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

haha, atrocity league :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Ha ha at the thread name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

kudos OP, had quite the chortle at the thread title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

And in the 1st Division the Reds travel to the cage on Saturday.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Should be a good match against Sligo, I'd say we'll just about scrape it (as we have every match so far).

Rovers to pick up their first win.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Are Rovers at Home?

syngindub wrote: »
    Are Rovers at Home?
    Nah, it's in Terryland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Right thinking bout heading to my first Bohs match tonight in the lead up to deciding whom I'll adopt this year between Bohs and Shels. Can you pay student price on the gate?

cson wrote: »
    Right thinking bout heading to my first Bohs match tonight in the lead up to deciding whom I'll adopt this year between Bohs and Shels. Can you pay student price on the gate?
    Yeah, €10

Yeah, €10

Not too shabby, I'll be booting it down to Dalymount tonight so.

• Advertisement

Nah, it's in Terryland

Dalyer ye mean!?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Can't get over to Galway tonight so sod's law dictates a victory* with the team recovering their shite form just in time to get leathered in front of me by Shels on Monday night.

*double reverse psychology

Dalyer ye mean!?:cool:
    Eh....

*jumps out window*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

stovelid wrote: »
    Can't get over to Galway tonight so sod's law dictates a victory* with the team recovering their shite form just in time to get leathered in front of me by Shels on Monday night.

*double reverse psychology

If you watch it on tv you should be able to ensure the run of form continues.

i think pats will be 0-0 :)

with the team recovering their shite form just in time to get leathered in front of me by Shels on Monday night.

Dout it very much, can't see us having any type of team out, 1st Team playing on Saturday, A Team playing on Sunday so it will probably be a mix-up of a few 1st teamers, a few A's and then what ever under 19's we have signed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Off to Terryland shortly

Galway United 2 - Shamrock Rovers 1

That is all

Seven Worlds will Collide

Thank fuck. Not only a result but a performance.

dreamers75 wrote: »

i think pats will be 0-0 :)

Sometimes gambling is easy :)

still top o the league, nearly safe tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Thank fuck. Not only a result but a performance.

Sean O'Connor should keep his starting place, man of the match for me. Delighted to get a win. Even better with the top two dropping points. A great confidence boost but I think rovers might still struggle with the pressure in Tallaght...

Sean O'Connor should keep his starting place, man of the match for me. Delighted to get a win. Even better with the top two dropping points. A great confidence boost but I think rovers might still struggle with the pressure in Tallaght...

we gained a point :confused:

• Advertisement

Yis are too honest to win the league. :)

Yis are too honest to win the league. :)

Not enough players tbh we will "challenge/make ourselves safe" until 1 of our decent 11 gets injured.

maybe barca/madrid/inter/brum will lend us a player after our P1 freindly this summer :mad:

So I went down to Dalymount this evening for the first time and this is what I thought;

Ground: Dalymount is pretty impressive. Granted only the main stand was open, it's a nice stadium and I imagine its a rocking place when full. Sorta like the way no one sat down in the stand and that it was pretty much a terrace. Although it's ruining the actual seats themselves cos loads of people stand on them. €10 in for students is about right but I think they were asking for €20 for adults which I thought was a little steep. Pretty nice bar/clubhouse inside too; big flatscreens with the Galway - Rovers game on it. Overall 7/10

Atmosphere: Overall it was good. Plenty of voice in the crowd with a good few songs being belted out. The standing aspect made for a better atmosphere too. One thing I can't get around my head is why some fans feel the need to sing some songs in a kind of faux English accent and why they were singing "we all hate leeds scum" :confused: Maybe I picked it up wrong but it certainly sounded like that which was a bit weird tbh. The only other thing I will say is that a lot of the people there concentrated on the singing/banter first and the match second. Which is fine, but for me the match always comes first. Overall 6/10

Match: It was very poor imo. Considering Boh's are the champions - if they play like tonight on a regular basis they won't be winning anything. Then again maybe I'm expecting too high of a standard? In any case, Boh's flitted between long balls, playing it across the Sligo back four and interpersed it with a few [very poor in general] crosses. Having said all this; had Boh's a decent finisher they would have won this. A couple of half chances and one on ones that a player of quality would hoover up. The red I felt was deserved, Byrne I think was in on goal but for the foul. Arguably the Bohs CB should have seen red too; Sligo's 9 turned him and was in on goal too albeit a bit further out. Sligo's keeper played very well made a few excellent stops and they played well for an away team - put it up to Bohs without ever really threatening [one or two half chances, best of these coming in the first minute] and didn't give anything away at the back. Bohs 7 was particularly poor imo; can't cross for ****e and seems to pride himself on taking players on and going nowhere. Should have scored in a one on one too. I'm sure I just caught a poor game and that the standard is better than what was on display tonight. Overall 3/10

I'll give Boh's another rattle some other night but I'd be keen to try somewhere else first. On over to Tolka Park next time I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It'd have been Hoops scum I'd imagine. And our next home game is Finn Harps next Friday at Tolka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'll give Boh's another rattle some other night but I'd be keen to try somewhere else first. On over to Tolka Park next time I think.

Would ya not give Rovers a lash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

cson

You should have sat down by the Sligo fans. You would have got a much better feeling for the game.

Never understood why bohs vocal support don't stand in the Des Kelly stand(behind the goal) like most vocal supporters do around the world.:confused:

Bohs were poor tonight. But they were like that for much of last season. They have lots of phyiscally strong players but lack a creative spark. That really shows when Killian Brennan is out. But you could see that they have made additions to address this. Higgins, Quigley and Cretaro are all quality attacking players.

From where I was watching it was a heroic performance from the Sligo team and supporters tonight more than a poor Bohs performance.

btw. It was €15 to get in tonight.

CSF wrote: »
    It'd have been Hoops scum I'd imagine. And our next home game is Finn Harps next Friday at Tolka.

That could well have been it actually.
    baz2009 wrote: »
    Would ya not give Rovers a lash?

Tallaght is way too far out for me I'm afraid.
    cson

You should have sat down by the Sligo fans. You would have got a much better feeling for the game.

Never understood why bohs vocal support don't stand in the Des Kelly stand(behind the goal) like most vocal supporters do around the world.:confused:

Bohs were poor tonight. But they were like that for much of last season. They have lots of phyiscally strong players but lack a creative spark. That really shows when Killian Brennan is out. But you could see that they have made additions to address this. Higgins, Quigley and Cretaro are all quality attacking players.

From where I was watching it was a heroic performance from the Sligo team and supporters tonight more than a poor Bohs performance.

It was a lot of kids really doing most of the singing. They were pretty into it to be fair. I wouldn't call it a heroic Sligo performance by any means; they held their own and defended well without ever looking like they were in trouble. Bohs just didn't have the creativity to generate clear cut chances and when they did generate decent chances they couldn't finish them. Knocked it around well but I was pulling my hair out and some of the **** they did as well.

Edit: The ticket prices said €20 for the Jodi Stand iirc.

CSF wrote: »
    It'd have been Hoops scum I'd imagine..

Hardly in the spirit of this? Nobody is pushing an agenda to the guy,

Can't you just let it slide for once?

heh arsenal fan at an LOI game, must be some experience :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

When you re-read the context of my post you're gonna feel kinda silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

So I went down to Dalymount this evening for the first time and this is what I thought;

Ground: Dalymount is pretty impressive. Granted only the main stand was open, it's a nice stadium and I imagine its a rocking place when full. Sorta like the way no one sat down in the stand and that it was pretty much a terrace. Although it's ruining the actual seats themselves cos loads of people stand on them. €10 in for students is about right but I think they were asking for €20 for adults which I thought was a little steep. Pretty nice bar/clubhouse inside too; big flatscreens with the Galway - Rovers game on it. Overall 7/10

Atmosphere: Overall it was good. Plenty of voice in the crowd with a good few songs being belted out. The standing aspect made for a better atmosphere too. One thing I can't get around my head is why some fans feel the need to sing some songs in a kind of faux English accent and why they were singing "we all hate leeds scum" :confused: Maybe I picked it up wrong but it certainly sounded like that which was a bit weird tbh. The only other thing I will say is that a lot of the people there concentrated on the singing/banter first and the match second. Which is fine, but for me the match always comes first. Overall 6/10

Match: It was very poor imo. Considering Boh's are the champions - if they play like tonight on a regular basis they won't be winning anything. Then again maybe I'm expecting too high of a standard? In any case, Boh's flitted between long balls, playing it across the Sligo back four and interpersed it with a few [very poor in general] crosses. Having said all this; had Boh's a decent finisher they would have won this. A couple of half chances and one on ones that a player of quality would hoover up. The red I felt was deserved, Byrne I think was in on goal but for the foul. Arguably the Bohs CB should have seen red too; Sligo's 9 turned him and was in on goal too albeit a bit further out. Sligo's keeper played very well made a few excellent stops and they played well for an away team - put it up to Bohs without ever really threatening [one or two half chances, best of these coming in the first minute] and didn't give anything away at the back. Bohs 7 was particularly poor imo; can't cross for ****e and seems to pride himself on taking players on and going nowhere. Should have scored in a one on one too. I'm sure I just caught a poor game and that the standard is better than what was on display tonight. Overall 3/10

Always made me laugh at LOI matches. Especially when they'd be the same bores droning on about barstoolers or some other tedious sh*t in the pub afterwards.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Its actually hooped scum. Not CSFs fault.

Thought we should have been well clear by half time. Some excellent saves by Brush especially from Byrnes chances.

Depends on their age? Might make them nostalgic. :D

Football fan at an LOI game. I wouldn't have gone otherwise ;)

Well done.

• Advertisement

Well done.

np

how many you get tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Try fingal also. The ground and atmosphere may not be what Bohs is, but we do try and play some good football.
    Great game tonight with us beating Drogheda 4 goals to 1, very entertaining.
    Again student is €10.
    I would recomend the Shamrock rvs game on bank holiday monday, should be a good game and is also a way of seeing two dublin teams for the price of one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Heh, he wasn't the only one. Was at Terryland myself last night.

Disappointing, mainly for the poor organisation imo. O'Donnell was the best player on the ball for United, yet after half time he was put in the support striker role and he never saw the ball again as the defence started hoofing it without him to pass to in the middle. Few of the lads didn't seem bothered at times either. Rovers were never really worked as a result.

Used to, personally don't mind, hate standing behind goals, **** view

Actually thought it was the best performance we've put in, just lacking finishing, normally Byrne would have buried those chances, though Brush made some great saves. Thought Sligo played some decent football, just lacking a bit up front.

Disappointed we didn't win but we've had it coming after 3 close shaves. With Pats also drawing it's not too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Dick Brush; the best keeper in the league since Murphy went off to Ipswich.:cool:

The game last week was very very VERY poor tbf. Compared to the League Cup semi that we played in Dalyer it was shocking. I felt that Byrne may have taken a tumble for the Red, but we shall see on Monday, it was a second yellow and not a straight red that Peersy got I suppose we can't complain too much. If we didn't go down to 10 men, it would have been a very interesting last half hour, but still a point form Dalymount is without a doubt a point gained for us.

Now, to beat Pats tomorrow. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

http://bluestid.blogspot.com/

Anybody see this joke of a refereeing decision?? It's clip titled 'Liam Kearney Dismissed'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

monkey9 wrote: »

Anybody see this joke of a refereeing decision?? It's clip titled 'Liam Kearney Dismissed'

Eh... I may be crazy, but Kearney jumped like a salmon. No actual contact...

Erm, yes you are crazy. He's clearly lifted out of it. Good thing you're not a ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

monkey9 wrote: »

How could the ref, at that level, book him for that. Even if there was no contact, the ball was gone so he was avoiding that clumsy lunge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Shels/Rovers off tonight due to the weather.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Shels/Rovers off tonight due to the weather.

Was actually looking forward to the match, got the day off work and all. for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Have to be thankful to Galway for being such nice understanding hosts in recent times. It's almost turning into a happy hunting ground of late. I was away last week, so missed the game but three points are three points..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I actually left Turners Cross witha smile on my face for the first time in years Friday. There is a real feel good factor around he club at the moment, which is helped big time by the teams new style of play.

Now, I know it was only Mervue, but the attitude and approach to the game is a lot nicer than it has been for the last 2 years. Short fast balls on the deck, the way it should be. One tactic which will be used will be get it to Davin O Neill. He will score alot of goals this season, and will make a few as well.

Shane Duggan was the real hero the other night with 2 stunning goals in his hattrick.

Long may it last. Not going to get too carried away, given that it is the pit of the 1st division, but its nice to actually look forward to games again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Bray V Bohs off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Try fingal also. The ground and atmosphere may not be what Bohs is, but we do try and play some good football.

Agree with that, but Morton is awful (great family tickets though;)). Cost more for 2 of us into Oriel than 3 into Morton on Friday! Go see ye playing in Tallaght would be a better game. What'd you think of the match?

Tbh I don't know how the hell we went in a goal down at HT. Ye only had two chances. 2nd half, a poor left-back and struggling midfield lost it for us. Same story as every week for us, playing well, creating chances and then BAM, we're a goal down. **** it.

Robbie Martin...........Robbie fcking Martin......he..........the ball........the net..........oh god my brains exploded.:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement