Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Friday Run, Killarney - Friday April 2

• 26-03-2010 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭

http://www.thegoodfridayrun.ie/
    5 mile course
    20 euro for online entry (25 by post)
    8pm.

The web site says entries closed on Tuesday 23rd March but I contacted the organisers and was told that online entries will stay open until Wednesday 31st March and that there will be entry on the day between 2pm and 6pm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭theduke1

yeah im doing it and also doing ballybunion half next day,i hope to take it easy in the friday one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The route has been updated to a 2 lap course.
    I wonder will the leaders lap those at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Results are online. Winner finished in 23:59. 30:40 for me, which I was happy with.

At the start line it was amusing that the announcer said she couldn't use a megaphone because the Stations of the Cross were happening in the church beside the start line.

It was a nippy evening with a short cold rain shower within 10 mins of the start to cool us down even more.
    The course wasn't totally flat - it had a gentle climb up Rock Road.

The easter egg in the post race bag was nice and the pottery egg cup (from Penny's Pottery, Ventry) is cute - it must have taken quite a while to make almost 400 of them).

The timing chip was new to me - it looked like a tiny credit card that was attached to your shoe laces with zip ties.

My only gripe was that the roads weren't fully closed - I had to dodge a minivan right at the start and I had a few cars go by me on Missionary Road (one of them cut it close despite the other lane being empty :rolleyes: )

Advertisement