Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get mite drops for rabbits?

Options
  • 26-03-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

hi,

Im just curious where to get fleas/mite drops for my rabbit, i have gone to numerous vets and they dont stock it, i have tried lots vetinary shops in my area and surrounding towns with no luck and i have tried lots chemists and i even tried pet world in Athlone and they have never stocked it .Strange when they name themselves PET WORLD and sell RABBITS.

Does anybody have any idea please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

I've noticed as well how hard it's gone to get the simple little things like certain drops, if all else fails try ebay.

If I'm in any of the pet shops today & I see them I can pick them up for you & post them off to you if you want. Might be in Pet Stop in Blanchardstown tonite, dunno yet.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Flea-Drops-De-Wormer-Rabbit-Guinea-Pig-Ferret-Mite-Lice_W0QQitemZ370353884334QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals?hash=item563acfccae

On a quick search that came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭squeky

ah thats very good of you, thank you, il try ebay as i never though of that but it bad form that "Pet World" sell rabbits, have all accesories for rabbits and food of all sorts yet they dont have the drops it very silly,

ha-ya-said-what,

I just bought that product for my rabbit on ebay, it reasonable enough price, thanks again for your offer, that very kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Oh that's grand, main thing is you got sorted. I know how frustrating it is when you want something simple that's necessary & you can't find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Zooplus do them I think. However all you need is Ivomectin which you can get from your vets, if you explain to the vet nurse you should be able to get a couple of drops over the counter use just one drop on the rabbits ear (follow vets advice) and another drop 7 days later if it's severe another drop 10 days later. It's handy at this time of year to have some to hand as a preventative.

I was told to use kitten advocate for rabbit fleas (kills mites too) but not the full vial just a couple of drops. Worked grand.

Check out the galens gardens website as well for handy bunny remedies.

Remember to clean out the bedding totally daily to get rid of any mites hiding about, newspaper and hay is best easy to roll up and throw away or burn.

• Advertisement

Guineapigrescue

thanks mill for getting back to me, i went to the vet and he didnt have it as he said it very expensive to buy it as he has to buy it in bulk and he wouldnt have to many bunnies coming to him, he sent me to some shops and they didnt have it he then said the pet worlds have it asthey are
    what it says on the tin! they didnt have it either!
    ya i do clean his cage everday, thanks for all the advice.

Oh that's grand, main thing is you got sorted. I know how frustrating it is when you want something simple that's necessary & you can't find it anywhere.

ha-ya-said-what,

god it very frustrating indeed when pet shops dont have it and they cater for every animal including the rabbits, but im grateful for your offer, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

That's strange, there is another form of it but can't think of the name.
    Ivomectin isn't expensive at all, in fact I've gotten is for free at times although I only needed a little. Saw a sign the other day at the local farm shop for big bottles for of for half nothing ok that's for cattle but it's the same stuff.

Advertisement