Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC problem - Is this normal?

• 26-03-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭

I recently switched from UTV (who never gave me a problem) to UPCs 15Mb package. The other night I was watching a match on sopcast, which had perfect picture and no buffering or beaking up, but while teh match was on I could not access ANY websites at the same time. At half time I shut down sopcast and I could access websites again. As soon as I put the match back on again I couldn't access any site. It seems that my entire bandwidth is being taken by sopcast. Is this something UPC are doing or can I change something to stop this happening?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Go into modem/router and disable IP flooding in settings. That should help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭leche solara

Thanks Ardmore I'll give that a go. Thanks for prompt reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

i was having the same problem. websites wouldn't open for me, but google talk and skype and other stuff were connected to the internet fine.

disabling that ip flooding option seems to have worked perfectly. cheers!!

Advertisement