Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get back to index page

Options
  • 26-03-2010 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Apologies for changing title, but this is more reflective & I'm getting very frustrated :(

Ok I'm playing around with Dreamweaver & have a very basic site with four pages. I have the site files defined & four pages all stores in the root directory. I'm a complete newbie to this btw.....

They are all local at the moment as I haven't uploaded onto hosting yet.

When I open index.html in dreamweaver & hit f12, the front page opens with full graphics in Explorer no probs, albeit the explorer bar shows it as c:\website\TMP124363.htm

The page has buttons to link other pages & when I click on the button for 'about' - it opens c:\website\about.html & likewise any of the other three pages & I can go to & from them without problem.

However, if I'm on 'about' or 'services' etc & click on the button for home (which is saved as index.html) it opens the front page without graphics & wont then let me access any of the other pages. Only different is that the explorer bar shows the index page as c:\website\index.html.

Dunno if I've explained it very well - any help mucho appreciated :confused:

This is the code controlling the buttons:

</div>
    </div>
    <div id="menu">

<ul>
    <li id="button1"><a href="index.html" title="">Home</a></li>
    <li id="button2"><a href="about.html" title="">About</a></li>
    <li id="button3"><a href="services.html" title="">Services</a></li>
    <li id="button5"><a href="contact.html" title="">Contact</a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Fixed - not sure how, saved index as index1, deleted original index & renamed index 1 back to index - problem solved

Advertisement