Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redwings

• 26-03-2010 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭

As of last week 16th of march there were still good numbers of redwing about (I had 85) in a field close to where i work in fact however after coming back this week they are all gone. Is anyone seeing redwings about or are they after heading off north for the summer already?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Was wondering the same thing until I saw one in Marlay Park on Monday. It's getting a bit warm for them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

In normal years Redwings stay in Britain and Ireland until March or April. As Spring is running a few weeks late we should have them well into April this year.

Just for clarity: it's not that it gets too warm for them here. Rather, it gets warm enough for them further North in Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭stevensi

I thought the same; that they would be around a little longer due to the fact that it was a colder winter then normal but this week in places where I'd normally see them they have seemed to move on. That is not to say there are not still large flock around the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I just saw 20 or 30 in the trees along the North Circular Road at the Cabra end.

Advertisement