If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good sub for an MCD708 system

Options
  • 26-03-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

I guess this is more a question for Ash and the guys in the Philips store, but all advice welcome. I have an MCD708 mini system in a bedroom (raging I missed your offers on the 908/988 systems, but anyway...). It's a nice system but I do find it a bit quiet, to be honest. I was wondering if there was a (small-ish) sub that would sit nicely with this system and what sort of price you could do it for.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Blastman

Great name by the way for someone looking for a sub:)

You can plug any type of ACTICE SUB into the Sub out on the back of your system. (Single black phono socket)

I recommend you chat with Kenny or Dave in Richer as they will be able to guide you through the options.
    They have some very juicy subs up there that will do the job nicely.

just a little note, a sub wont boost the overall volume of sound from the hifi but certainly will increase the bass output... great if you find the MCD708 a little bass shy.

you can phone Richer on 0044 333 900 0070 and one of the bass fiends there will look after you.

have a good one
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Well, John, any deals on subs at the moment?

Or would you take a trade-in against a 908 system? ;)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

blastman wrote: »
    I guess this is more a question for Ash and the guys in the Philips store, but all advice welcome. I have an MCD708 mini system in a bedroom (raging I missed your offers on the 908/988 systems, but anyway...). It's a nice system but I do find it a bit quiet, to be honest. I was wondering if there was a (small-ish) sub that would sit nicely with this system and what sort of price you could do it for.

Thanks.

Blast,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

We have a number of subs that would be suitable - the best options are probably:Tannoy SFX SUB : Normally £149.95 I can do a boradie special price at just £119.95 / €139.99 - it's a really excellent sub and quite compact.

Mosscade Titan - A REALLY compact sub - but a great performer - Isobarik design (2 oppossing drivers in a push/pull configuration) means really tight bass form a tiny box - Should be £199.95 - Boardie special £129.95 / €149.99.

Monitor Audio Radius 360HD - This is the best looking of the trio - finished in high gloss white or black (Walnut finish available as well) This is a 100watt sub that looks great in any room - (very spouse friendly ;))

Normally sells at about £399 in the UK - I can do a boardie special at £229.95 / €269.99

Apologies for the delay again and as ever - drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Blastman.

I wish I could do a trade in for you but unfortunatley we do not offer them anymore :(

What sort of budget do you have for the sub and I will go and rehash some pricing for you. There are a lot of subs available with a wide range of prices £100 - £800.

Cheers John/Kenny

I'm not looking to spend too much on this one as it's only for a bedroom system, £100 - £150 is about it.

I was considering a second sub for my 606, though. At the moment I only have a couple of Tannoy floorstanders (can't remember which ones, will have to check) connected to it. The sound is pretty good already though, I don't know if a sub would improve it greatly (plus it would be hard to hide, not much space available with the floorstanders!)

I like the sound of the Mossacde for the Philips system, which model is it exactly, do you know?

** EDIT ** Think it's the 03.5, would that be right?

• Advertisement

Hey guys, may be up your way on Saturday, is the Mosscade available in any kind of wood finish?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

blastman wrote: »
    Hey guys, may be up your way on Saturday, is the Mosscade available in any kind of wood finish?

Blast,

the Mosscade is only available in Black - It's so compact thet it aloost does not matter what the finish is! ;)

We also have the Tannoy SFX Sub available at £149.95 which we could do a Boardie special for you at just £129.95.

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.