Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Frontpage

Options
  • 26-03-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi. New to this so hope I'm in the right group. I've set up a very simple website using frongpage and it is published. Link is www.signposts.ie I changed it the other day but now when I go to the site, the home page is not updated, however all other pages are. And if I go through a hyperlink back to the homepage from another page, the updated version is there and correct.
    Any advice greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

You have two index pages
    index.htm & index.html

Remove the index.htm from your webhost and it should default to index.html

When a user logs on to www.signposts.ie the first page it will hit is the index.html or .htm which ever you are using.

Also when you are on your Home page the menu item 'Home Page' links to a dead page http://www.signposts.ie/Home%20page%20signposts.htm

Hope this helps
    Pablo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Small design hint - NEVER switch a font from standard to bold on rollover.....it makes everything else on the page jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 midge123

Thanks for all that.

I can only locate index.html in My Webs on laptop. Would index.htm be somewhere less obvious??
    As I said, new to this!!
    Thanks
    Pablod wrote: »
    You have two index pages
    index.htm & index.html

Remove the index.htm from your webhost and it should default to index.html

When a user logs on to www.signposts.ie the first page it will hit is the index.html or .htm which ever you are using.

Also when you are on your Home page the menu item 'Home Page' links to a dead page http://www.signposts.ie/Home%20page%20signposts.htm

Hope this helps
    Pablo

midge123 wrote: »
    Thanks for all that.

I can only locate index.html in My Webs on laptop. Would index.htm be somewhere less obvious??
    As I said, new to this!!
    Thanks

It wouldn't be on your laptop unless you downloaded it yourself,
    It is live on your webhost's server,

Connect to your hosting server where you previousily uploaded your changes and you should find the index.htm there

• Registered Users Posts: 5 midge123

Got it! Thanks a million for your help
    Pablod wrote: »
    It wouldn't be on your laptop unless you downloaded it yourself,
    It is live on your webhost's server,

Connect to your hosting server where you previousily uploaded your changes and you should find the index.htm there

• Advertisement

no problem,
    Change the 'Home' link on your home page too as its a dead link

Advertisement