Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips Net TV

• 26-03-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here use this?

Theres nothing useful on there.

Is there some way to set the tv to another country/region and get some decent channels on Net TV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

even if you could set a homepage it would be ok. I was able to open gmail eventually but if I could have it added in and quick chek emails that would be cool. other than that I used it once and not since.
    Love the TV mind :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭iknorr

true,
    but net tv is useless as it is now in Ireland. So if i was able to change my location that i set upon installation would i be able to access the channels of anothe country. e.g. if i set it to holland would i get all the channels in holland then?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

How do I set up Philips net tv? I have upc broadband and Lynksys router in another room. What kind of wire do I need and does it connect to the router?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Redfowler11

Trying to set up NET TV on 42pfl9664. Network connection via wireless ok. When I go to Browse Net Tv all I get is "Connecting". Contacted Philips but only recommnedation was to update sotware which I did. Anyone any ideas ?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Trying to set up NET TV on 42pfl9664. Network connection via wireless ok. When I go to Browse Net Tv all I get is "Connecting". Contacted Philips but only recommnedation was to update sotware which I did. Anyone any ideas ?

Guys,

(Declared interest here - I sell TV & Hi-fi)

The Philips NETtv is actually quite a good feature as it is pretty unique in allowing you to browse the web openly (most other manufacturers restrict the TV browsing experience to preset widgets) However I agree that the local contect for Ireland really does need to be improved and I understand that the powers at Philips Towers Ireland are actively working on this at the moment - however again it's unique in that you can browse any site with philips NETTV.

On the install front - our guys in The Philips Shop have set these things up 100's of times and even if you did not purchase your TV from us we have no problem giving you a hand getting your own install sorted - you can give Ashley a shout on 01.474.0788 or you can get him on Boards over on the Richer Sounds Forum - (he is Richersounds.ie (Ashley) .

Ash or any of the Guys in The Philips shop are happy to give you a help out if you have any tech queries and if we can't answer them (unlikely!) we will pass thenm onto Philips for you and hopefully get you sorted.

Thanks again and give us a shout if we can ever assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Redfowler11

Thanks John I may have to give the guys a call.

I've been in touch with Philips but the latest recommendation they have is to check with my Internet Provider (UPC) to see if there are any restrictions. I'll give them a call and see what they say but never a problem with the internet access before and I have a 10Mb connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bollob

i have mine wired as opposed to using the wireless...

decomissioned an old router and use it as a network hub - send one wire to the TV and the other to the XBOX...having said that i dont browse on the TV too much - would like to see more content there.

to get the signal to the back of the tv am using a pair of home plug ethernet adapters (one at the wireless router into the base plug, the other at the back of the TV -search in maplins-).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Plugged in mine a few weeks ago didnt even bother to try the internet but there was a firmware update for the tv , at least I think it was a firmware update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭iknorr

Iv have an 8694.

When i first got the tv i had an eircom router. The Nettv wouldnt log in half the time sometimes it would freeze etc.

When it did work, i found it to be slow and useless. NET TV is a gimmick. Honestly, if you have a smart phone its far easier to check things out on it rather than doing it on the tv. If you have a laptop then theres no need for nettv at all.

Now i have a upc router and updated firmware on the tv. Everything works quickly. (except for the loading lag on the tv)

I noticed that NET TV has been updated recenly. In the apps section you can now easily change your location. e.g. swtch to UK and u get loads more stuff. Then u can add these as apps. THeres a great TomTom app but it only covers UK.

THe dutch site has loads of apps but again all in dutch.

If anyone finds anything worthwhile on NetTV i would love to hear about it.

Advertisement