Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waiting list for masters

Options
  • 26-03-2010 2:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13

Hi I just found out that I am on a waiting list for a masters in UCC. they wont tell me what number I am. just wondering have any of ye been in a similiar situation and what are the chances of me getting on the course. I want it sooooooo bad.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

Hi Claire,
    I cannot answer your question. However i would advise applying for a few more masters to ensure you get one for sept!!

Im applying to 3, maybe 4 in total. Not in cork tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Doyle_G

Mr Yellow wrote: »
    Hi Claire,
    I cannot answer your question. However i would advise applying for a few more masters to ensure you get one for sept!!

Im applying to 3, maybe 4 in total. Not in cork tho...

+1

I applied for 2 last year and was put on a 'waiting list' for the one in NUIM and didn't get it. it was a case of 'if someone doesn't want the place, we'll go down to the next person on the list'! Applied for DCU and got it! I definately wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket, afterall it's your future :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Claire123

Doyle_G wrote: »
    +1

I applied for 2 last year and was put on a 'waiting list' for the one in NUIM and didn't get it. it was a case of 'if someone doesn't want the place, we'll go down to the next person on the list'! Applied for DCU and got it! I definately wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket, afterall it's your future :)

Thanks Doyle for the apply. Just wonderring do u know what number you were on the waiting list last year? im number 6 so hopefully i should be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

Hey guys, just wondering when ye think is the best time to apply? I'm just finishing up my undergrad at the mo, and as such, I have no results or anything to show yet. Would I be better off applying now or waiting til I have my results in the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Doyle_G

Claire123 wrote: »
    Thanks Doyle for the apply. Just wonderring do u know what number you were on the waiting list last year? im number 6 so hopefully i should be lucky

It varies from department to department i think! mine was in the biology department but we weren't given any numbers.. afaik, everyone who was offered the places took them due to the recession etc. can't stress how important it is to apply for more than 1!

To imbroglio, it's never too early to apply! the last thing you want is to worrying about finals and trying to sort out references etc. some master courses requires you to write a few hundred words on a certain topic so it's not a good idea to leave this till the last minute!! apply now and get it sorted :) it'll ut your mind at ease and give you some motivation :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

Cheers dude! I applied to UCC, only put one course on the list though. Hopefully that won't come back and bite me on the butt!

Fingers and toes crossed for everyone!

Advertisement