Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hero gets Android 2.1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

knew it was april but pity we have to wait till the end of it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

so many conflicting dates. I think this sounds right though. I cannot see why HTC would release a 2.1 update to Hero in the same week it releases the Hero replacement the HTC legend. bit silly no? I should think they would wait at least 4 weeks after the legends launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Not happy about this...why are they taking so long to release it on the Hero when it's already up and running on the latest HTC handsets with Sense UI on them??

Got to ask yourself the question would you buy another HTC phone with Sense UI if it takes them this long to update it when a new Android release comes out??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

neonman wrote: »
    Not happy about this...why are they taking so long to release it on the Hero when it's already up and running on the latest HTC handsets with Sense UI on them??

As I said, I think it might be a marketing ploy... i.e. people who own heros will hear about and see the reviews of the legend and be tempted to buy it. Where as, if they give 2.1 android at the same time as the legend comes out, the Hero brigade will be so delighted messing with 2.1 they won't even consider an upgrade or notice that the Legend is launched. The Legend was intended as a replacement for the HERO too.

I can understand your frustration though. I would be the very same if I had a hero. I would want the latest updates as soon as they were ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

100gSoma wrote: »
    As I said, I think it might be a marketing ploy... i.e. people who own heros will hear about and see the reviews of the legend and be tempted to buy it. Where as, if they give 2.1 android at the same time as the legend comes out, the Hero brigade will be so delighted messing with 2.1 they won't even consider an upgrade or notice that the Legend is launched. The Legend was intended as a replacement for the HERO too.

I can understand your frustration though. I would be the very same if I had a hero. I would want the latest updates as soon as they were ready.

I was hoping the update might resolve the terrible issues on Meteor with 3G. The phone drops off the network in full 3G coverage and requires a reboot or toggle in/out of airplane mode to reconnect.

Another month of this is just intollerable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I think the majority of hero users are happy with 1.5...

2.1 will be a bonus but not deal breaker. What other operating system allows you to upgrade to the latest features... none I know of, most just provide bug fixes.

And for any hardcore users, you can root to whatever you want.

Advertisement