Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Checking PC History

• 26-03-2010 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

i'm new to Boards.ie, but i'm just wondering if there is any way of checking pc history?? i have a work computer and just want to be sure then when i delete the history on my browser there is no way of tracing my use and getting into my mail accounts.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Theres no guarantee your system administrator doesnt monitor internet traffic. And they are well within their right to do so.

When you're using a public/work computer to sign into email never check any remember-me boxes and always remember to manually sign out of your accounts.

Obliterating the web history is one way to do it but it starts looking awfully suspicious if youre not keeping a web history. Plus its just unproductive; being able to jump quickly to all of our affiliate pages via url history saves me ample amounts of time and energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mj555

Thanks for the reply overheal - i know they can monitor use and as you say are well within their rights, but it's a laptop i use at home so when it's not connected through their server have they any way of accessing the pages i've visited once i've deleted the history...................i'm not doing anything illegal or anything like that (just to put that out there)....i just want to make sure that my private live outside of work remains just that.......and when checking e-mails i never tick the remember me or remember my password and i also always sign out.

THANK YOU....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

99.9% of the time you can pretty much do what you want, most network admins are lazy pricks who generally leave ports wide open and dont check any log or impliment any filtering at all. While working for one of the largest companys in in ireland i managed to torrent for 18 months without being found out.

But to answer your question, no just deleting your browsing history and clearing cookies will not delete the history, its still there is you know how to look for it. But as i said, the chances of them even looking for it are very slim.

Advertisement