Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVCHD to DVD

Options
  • 26-03-2010 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I have a HD Canon HF200 and the video format is AVCHD. I know absolutely nothing about these file formats but I wanted to convert the AVCHD into a DVD. (Holiday videos) Does anyone know how I can do this?

I dont want to lose the High Def quality but I dont want to go down the Blu Ray route either as the DVD is for a friend who doesnt have one.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Sony vegas will do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishecomom

Just googled Sony Vegas and read that it costs $599.95!:eek: I was looking for something more along the lines of €0!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Just googled Sony Vegas and read that it costs $599.95!:eek:

That's probably the price for Sony Vegas Pro.
    You can get Vegas Movie Studio Platinum for about $80.

And if all else fails, I think Windows Live Movie Maker has support for AVCHD files.

Was hoping on paying nothing so I think I'll try Windows. Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I use Edius, you can get a Edius Neo version, it is very good and is around €200. If you are going to do allot of editing this would be a great solution.

If you only want to go for the most inexpensive option for AVCHD, try Ulead Video studio 11+ or Pinnacle Studio 12+.

Did you not software with your camera??

• Advertisement

I did get ImagePixel software but this is absolutely useless. I dont want to do any editing really just putting the AVCHD files straight to DVD and being able to play them on a standard DVD player with good quality.

I have tryed numerous different free software downloads and none seem to be doing it right. They can be very slow and lagging and the picture can be awful! At my wits end with it :confused:

AVCHD is very difficult to edit on a standard PC. Is it juddering in the final DVD disk on on the PC?

Converting from HD to SD is normally not good. You are better filming in SD to start with, you will get a better picture.

I shoot and edit in the highest bit-rate Pro AVCHD and only how have i worked out how to get the best SD DVD from it now after a lot of research.

I see if there is any handy software.

Your current software should be able to do it..

http://www.pixela.co.jp/oem/canon/e/imagemixer3_se_ver3_canon/index.html

Storing Videos

Creates discs of the videos recorded with the camcorder

You can write videos in the camcorder directly to a disc, or select which videos to write on a disc with DVD menu screen.
    Writes back to the camcorder

You can write back videos to the camcorder after changing the playback order or editing videos with "ImageMixer™ 3 SE Ver.3".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jobran

hello,
    you can use any video converter software to convert this video. I hope this software will help to convert any other video into any format. Thanks for sharing this problem with us.

thanks!!

EDIUS Neo 2 with AVCHD Booster will do it no problem. I will edit and burn to DVD as easy as DV.

As it happons i am selling my version - i am changing to Edius highend Broadcast software :D.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=213173&cat=199

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 echo.w

:pYou need to find a dvd burner or dvd creator. Something like that.

Advertisement