Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HERO OR LEGEND ON METEOR?

• 26-03-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Is the Legend worth the extra 50euro on bill pay?

Whats the difference between the two? Pro's and Con's of each?

Also with being on Meteor with the internet add on, can you use msn messenger and skype? if so, how?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The Hero's the previous version, you might as well only look at the Legend.

Slightly faster processor.
    Android 2.1 + Sense UI upgrade
    Camera with flash.
    Nicer form factor, more rugged solid-aluminium seamless body.
    Way better screen.

The Hero will get an upgrade to Android 2.1 + Sense UI but, it's not HTC's main focus anymore. So, go with the Legend if you're going with one.

Also, Meteor have had terrible issues with 3G on the Hero since launch.

I've been forced to use mine on 2G for months as it just drops off the network on 3G in full coverage and has to be rebooted / airplane mode activated/deactivated to get it back online again. I miss calls etc etc

The phrase "I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole" comes to mind.

The issues seem to be some kind of glitch between the Hero and Meteor's 3G network. I haven't seen other networks having the same issue when I've googled for help.

The Legend may not have these issues, but I'd wait a while if I were you before signing anything.

I'd prefer to see that there were no bugs and problems. I feel like I have signed a 12 month contract to beta test Android on Meteor for them!

Advertisement