If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a micro hifi???

Options
  • 26-03-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, can somebody recommend a decent micro system and speakers for a large living room. I currently have a Onkyo micro system which is good but not really for a large room. I'm looking for a micro systems as hifi seperates need a bit more space. I was looking at a CAMBRIDGE AUDIO SONATA and Marantz M-CR502 system but have no idea as to what the sound quality is like.
    Also what would be the best book shelf speakers to use.

Has anybody got any suggestions?????

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi and welcome to Boards :).

This forum is for commercial interraction with Richersounds - have a read of the Stickey entitled "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" for the general rules of the forum.

If you are posting your query looking for some guidance and a quote from Richersounds, you're in the right place. If, on the other hand, you are looking for general opinions from Boardies, then this thread will be moved to the Home Entertainment Forums for general discussion.

Let me know what you want to do.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ecowley123 wrote: »
    Hi, can somebody recommend a decent micro system and speakers for a large living room. I currently have a Onkyo micro system which is good but not really for a large room. I'm looking for a micro systems as hifi seperates need a bit more space. I was looking at a CAMBRIDGE AUDIO SONATA and Marantz M-CR502 system but have no idea as to what the sound quality is like.
    Also what would be the best book shelf speakers to use.

Has anybody got any suggestions?????

ECowley,

Thanks for the post - the CR502 is way better in my honest opinion - http://whathifi.com/Review/Marantz-M-CR502/ there's the review from What Hi-fi at £400 - we do it at just £349.39 and I would take it every day of the week over the Sonata..

On the bookshelf - Monitor Audio Bronze Reference One at a mimimum - but I would recommend the Bronze Reference Two which I can do with the CR502 at £499.95 / €579.99 (saving you £100!) or it woild even take the RX1 (Yummy Drool) at £649.95 / €749.99 - saving you £150!

Keep us posted (and love to hear other Boardy opinions!)

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ecowley123

Howya John,
    sorry I'm only getting back to you now.
    Its a bit out of budget at the moment so I have been reading some reviews on the DENON DM37 system.

Would recommend this and if so what speakers would go best with it.

Some reviews are saying the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 would go perfectly with it or the Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom.

Whats the best deal you could do on package delivered to Dublin.
    So many questions but I'm new to all this HiFi!:confused:

Cheers.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey ecowley123.

The best option to go for including the Denon DM37 would be along with the BR1 speakers.

I could offer this package for £269.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1007&Results=true&keys=denon%20dm37
    This would work out at the same price as the Denon along with Tannoy Custom F1 and there would be no comparison between the F1 and the BR1's.

Hiya John,
    that deal sounds deadly I will go with that deal. :)

Do you have the Denon unit in silver and the speakers in the cherry colour as on your website.
    Also could you recommend some cable to go with this I need about 10 meters and also so banana plugs for the speakers.

How do I organise payment and collection from the Philips shop in Dublin.

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

Hiya John,
    that deal sounds deadly I will go with that deal. :)

Do you have the Denon unit in silver and the speakers in the cherry colour as on your website.
    Also could you recommend some cable to go with this I need about 10 meters and also so banana plugs for the speakers.

How do I organise payment and collection from the Philips shop in Dublin.

Thanks for your help.

Ec,

The DM37 dab is now only available in black I'm afraid - would this be okay?

If you wanted 10 mtrs of decent speaker cable & 2 pairs of 4mm plugs the total cost would be £287.95 including delivery to The Philips Shop - on the payment front - if you wanted to proceed - just drop me a PM or an email with your contact numbers and I'll get one of the guys to look after you to get your sorted,

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hiya John,
    I collect my unit on Friday and I have to say the sound quality from the little unit is amazing.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers.

Hiya John,
    I collect my unit on Friday and I have to say the sound quality from the little unit is amazing.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers.

EC,

many thanks for your kind post - it's always great to hear from Customers AFTER they get their kit and also thanks for the kind words - much appreciated,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.