Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd year Campus Accomodation?

Options
  • 26-03-2010 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Just wondering, if anyone knows how a second year applies for campus accommodation for this September?
    and is there any accommodation on campus specifically for 2nd years?. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gemz223

betafrog wrote: »
    By using ordinary size font so it doesn't look like you're shouting and using the UCD website to find the information.

The font I used originally was size 3 this is size 2, hardly much of a difference :pac:. I have obviously looked at the UCD website and could not find the answer to my question. If I knew the answer why would I go to the bother of posting the question on here?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

to apply for accommodation you should log onto your registration account on sis web. click on the registration process tab and a link to accommodation on campus should come up. click here and info on applying for campus should appear. you can also call into the accommodation office in Merville or Belgrove for more info. these residences used to be primarily for 1st year students but since there has been a low uptake on residence there this year, any year can now apply and should get it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

there isn't accommodation set out specifically for 2nd years but anyone can apply as usual, they don't give first years preference any more AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Why would you want to be on campus in 2nd year :\ you'd be that sad 2nd year who hangs out with all the first years, and you'd never get any work done and still be stuck in the bubble that is UCD!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Why would you want to be on campus in 2nd year :\ you'd be that sad 2nd year who hangs out with all the first years, and you'd never get any work done and still be stuck in the bubble that is UCD!

Maybe for getting up in the mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 katybi

do u think to stay on campus would be the best option for a 2nd year exchange student? coz i want to make friends but is there anywhere better you know of that would be like just as fun (and cheap im commin from NZ and the dollar is actually something to cry about ahah)

thanks in advance
    kate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

katybi wrote: »
    do u think to stay on campus would be the best option for a 2nd year exchange student? coz i want to make friends but is there anywhere better you know of that would be like just as fun (and cheap im commin from NZ and the dollar is actually something to cry about ahah)

thanks in advance
    kate :P

Yes you should stay on campus. It is expensive though.

Advertisement