Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XGC Casuals 26/3/10

Options
  • 26-03-2010 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭

The weekly thread to see who is going to be coming in for some games tomorrow.

For anyone that doesn't know, XGC is a gaming centre on Liffey street. It's opposite Games Workshop.

Last week we did a pot for the console. Everyone paid a fiver and one person took responsibility for all consoles and money. I thought this worked out quite well but what do others think? Should we continue with this system?

Further, there was about €30 euro extra. Now last week we ran a team tournament with the winners getting the money. Now if we continue with this system, we could do small tournaments every week to dole out this money.

Or we could save the money and every three weeks or so we could run a "free" casuals?

Alternatively we could save the money in general and use it to invest in better gear for running events. For example good recording gear for direct recording with commentry and what not. Or if we can get involved with a community centre (or similar) and then we could get some decent CRTs, store them there and use that place for meet-ups and tournaments.

All these systems have their flaws so if anyone has ideas, I'm all ears.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'll be there, teams tourney sounds good but maybe not every single week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'm in between atmo

And the last sounds good, getting some CRTs and recording gear

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I'll be there. As for the money, if we have a small turnout just save it and if we have a large turnout run a quick tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

DarkTalant wrote: »
    I'll be there. As for the money, if we have a small turnout just save it and if we have a large turnout run a quick tourney.

If we want to try and get some gear though then it's pointless unless we're saving all the money we can.

If we decide to go for the "paid for" casuals then it makes sense to run them that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll pass on this one. See you lads at Vaticon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'll be there, The Free Casuals thing sounds good, could save money, & it would look attractive to newcomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

ye i should be there for my 1st showing. I think the money thing situation should be saved each week for recording equipment, that sounds good. The reason i say this is because you could put it on youtube as before i found out about boards i was trying to find videos of Irish players on youtube and it was scarce. I'm sure theres loads of irish players who were in the same boat as me and still are... It was luck that i found out about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'll be down.

Not sure about the money. Saved anyway rather than small tourneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Ill be there, I like the saving money idea!!

and What time is this at? 1-2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'll pop in for a while. The idea of saving money is good but not to use it for a once-in-a-while free casual. If we did that the regulars would end up paying for it and the others would just show up for a free ride and never show up again!!

Saving up for equipment is a good idea though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

^This

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

what kinda equipment?

Ye, Animax hit the nail on the head

where the casuals today the 26? or 2morrow the 27? :pac:

where the casuals today the 26? or 2morrow the 27? :pac:
    They're tomorrow, i'll be there at 2.

Thats Saturday at 2 man

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

A 20 euro fan from Argos could go down well btw lads (regarding money saving up)

As for paying the fiver and someone looking after it all, thats fine with me , I usually just throw a fiver to someone anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

il drop down for some 3s if TIN is around?
    that is all

I will be there

Will glady play some 3s/ST :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Placebo wrote: »
    il drop down for some 3s if TIN is around?
    that is all

I'll own you at 3s even if tin isn't around mofo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Going to check out the Vaticon venue tomorrow, so will probably be there around 4.

Seriously I'm very trustworthy, so I think everyone should just give me lots of money. The money will benefit people within the community.

Placebo wrote: »
    what kinda equipment?

For example. This would give us direct HD recordings of tournaments.
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'll own you at 3s even if tin isn't around mofo

Looks like farz has attracted another grudge match! How many is that now?!

I ain't going to make it in today. My head has detached itself.

Ill be in for 2

Good games to everyone i played today.

About the money, there was around 7 euro leftover. To be honest, I'm starting to think that its a better idea just to charge 4 euro a head? Although having enough change could be a problem. It'll take a long time to save up anything worthwhile if we're only getting 7 euro per session.

Well imho that yolk costs like what, 200? So like if everyone is willing to contribute a tenner?

Advertisement