Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How strict is the time written on Citylink/Bus Eireann tickets?

• 26-03-2010 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi,

I have a recently bought online bus tickets for a journey from Citylink (Galway-Limerick) and Bus Eireann (Limerick-Kerry). I was wondering that if I reach Limerick earlier than the scheduled time will I be allowed to take the bus that leaves earlier than the bus scheduled for my original journey? Or what happens if I arrive late and miss my bus, will I be able to travel on another bus scheduled for a later journey?
    Did anyone have such experience? How stringent are the authorities to enforce the times written on the tickets?

Also, may anyone suggest if there are cheaper options to travel from Limerick to Tralee other than Bus Eireann?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,346 ✭✭✭markpb

It's been a while since I bought a BE ticket online but IIRC it's valid for an entire day, not a specific bus. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Usually later departures than the ticket arent as easy to do. Departures earlier than the ticket time you might be ok with. Just be nice to the bus driver and explain it and you'll usually be ok. Dont get mad if they say no though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

For Bus Eireann internet tickets are not tied to any specific departure, as long as the ticket is for the correct day and departure point (Limerick-Tralee, NOT Tralee-Limerick for example) they are valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Usually later departures than the ticket arent as easy to do. Departures earlier than the ticket time you might be ok with. Just be nice to the bus driver and explain it and you'll usually be ok. Dont get mad if they say no though.

With City Link I have been allowed on buses at an earlier or later time than my ticket specified a few times; have never been refused. But I have heard of people being refused. I suppose it depends on the driver and how busy the bus you're trying to get on is.

As others have said, with Bus Eireann the ticket is valid for any departure time on the specified departure date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mikebites

Thanks to all of you for your feedback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement