Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are uni-royal tyres a good tyre?y/n

• 26-03-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Its just alot of tyre places are saying these uni-royal or dunlop are the tyres to get as they are best wearing. Its a normal family car we have so aint looking for performance or anything...
    are they right in saying that uni royal are a great tyre? 205/55r/16 btw

Comments

Yes they are good and suited to our wet climate, they are more expensive than Semperit I believe (both owned by Continental) and Semperit are a great tyre. Some folks consider Semperit a budget UniRoyal as some thread patterns are common but UniRoyal get them first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Do they have that E marking ...

Required for new NCT rules starting this April ... I think!

Aidan

aidanodr wrote: »
    Do they have that E marking ...

Required for new NCT rules starting this April ... I think!

Aidan

The brands that don't are complete and utter muck ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have Uniroyal RainSport very good tyres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I used them but got rid of them. They resulted in quite a bit of body roll. Sidewalls far too soft for my liking anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I have rain experts on.
    They're excellent.

Took a few very fast corners last night in the rain and it didn't budge..impressive stuff really

but Green Hornet is right, the sidewall wouldn't be the toughest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Annuv

Magnus wrote: »
    I have Uniroyal RainSport very good tyres.
    How do you know they are good? Can you feel difference in grip levels or when taking off in wet conditions? (genuine question, not being smart :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good question, I have driven on them two years and they never let me down - no skidding, aquaplaning or anything similar when driving at speed through puddles, heavy rain or standing water.
    I've had to emergency brake in heavy rain and never had issues stopping.
    In essence, driving in wet feels like driving in dry conditions (within reason).

Of course tyres are just a part of all that keeps you on the road but quite a big part I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Uni-Royal don't seem to be that popular among tyre centres here, anytime I've been there I have seen very little or non of them in stock. Are they just unpopular or too expensive compared to similar brands?

Advertisement