Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

name the scope

Options
  • 26-03-2010 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

can anyone name this scope, its 3 to 9 40 has no name on it, only details is the gold line around one end

sorry its a bad pic

30v0hw3.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Dvs

Is there no logo in the opposite side to the windage turret?

Dvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

nope not a thing, i will more than likely change it but just wanted to check incase its worth much, i doubt it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

i'd hazard a guess of a leupold vx 1 due to the gold ring, but i hav no way to be sure

It looks like an Edgar bros optimate,
    thats my best guess from a photo,
    if it is doing what you need it for,
    don't change just for the sake of it.

Dvs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

ormondprop wrote: »
    i'd hazard a guess of a leupold vx 1 due to the gold ring,.......

+1.

Its a Leupold, either VX-I or VX-II. The VX-3 came in 3.5-10x40 but (AFAIK) not 3-9x40.

New price would probably be in and around the €300 - €350 mark. Don't hold me to that.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

ezridax wrote: »
    +1.

Its a Leupold, either VX-I or VX-II. The VX-3 came in 3.5-10x40 but (AFAIK) not 3-9x40.

New price would probably be in and around the €300 - €350 mark. Don't hold me to that.

Would the gold ring not have Leupold etched into it in that case,
    and etched into the body of the scope?

Dvs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Dvs wrote: »
    Would the gold ring not have Leupold etched into it in that case,

Not necessarily.
    and etched into the body of the scope?

Dvs.

That bit is odd. I've not seen a Leupold without their name on the side of the turrets, objective lense or at least their golden logo.

Edgar Brothers, if memory serves, are airgun type scopes like AGS and are very similar, however without any first hand experience of all the models i couldn't say for certain that it is an EB scope. Besides the turrets on their scopes seem to have a "tactical" appearence, as in they are raised like the S&B PM2 or Nightforce.

As ever i am open to correction.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

i'd hazard a guess of a leupold vx 1 due to the gold ring, but i hav no way to be sure

id go with the leupold as well

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

jap gt wrote: »
    can anyone name this scope,

Sure. I'd say call it "Blondie".

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

sorry to burst your bubble but i had a cheap scope with a gold ring on it ,so dont rely on that to ID it as a leuplod,,
    it was a 3-9x40 as well bought it for 60 punts at the time and it got shook to pieces on an air rifle :o
    looks a lot like your one i'm afraid
    hope this helps
    ian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

the scope seems ok i have 50 rounds through it so far and hasnt shifted in the mounts or anything, i would like a further mag though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

If its a leupold it will have a serial number on the scope , as leupold employ serial numbers to track their products- my guess is that ianoo is spot on with his appraisal:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭.243

apollo scope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

I would say the same

Advertisement