Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Club Spin - doable without using big ring??

• 26-03-2010 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Going for my first club spin in the morning (with the "slow" group to start with) but I haven't bothered to install a front mech yet.

There is a chance that the groups will be merged if numbers are low but I imagine the fast group pace will be easier than usual with upcoming races...Jazzer Wherity and friends.

I've stuff to do this evening (no time for tinkering) so will I manage without a big ring for a club spin or is it a necessity?

I've been managing 35-45 kph fine with the inner 39 ring so far and I'm told the pace of the slow group is only 26-28 kph average.

The thoughts of experienced club riders are much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You should be fine. I've done club spins before with our fast group and kept it in the small ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Thanks El Tonto. It'll help my cadence if anything.

Advertisement