Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice please before I move (to Austria)??

Options
  • 26-03-2010 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

I'm moving from Ireland to Linz in Austria in the summer. Does anyone here have any advice on anything I should do before I leave... are there insurances or anything like that that I need to get done. Im really a bit clueless as to anything like this, I really dont know where (other than google) to look!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭haven27

Probably best to make sure you have your European Health Insurance Card http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_Service/entitlements/EHIC/ it won't cover you once you've been non resident for too long but for the first while it will.

If you've been working you can apply for your tax back if you're moving abroad for the rest of the year.

Also you might want to find out what you need to apply for over there such as work permit, personnel number and so on once you get there. Sorry I can't be more specific but I've never lived there.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Brien

Thanks Haven. I'm really just a little worried I'm going to forget something simple, or get caught out with something I've never heard of before. I have my EHIC, next google task, personnel number...

B-)

Advertisement