Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

value centre

Options
  • 26-03-2010 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

hi folks was in at the NCT car testing place to day and i saw a big grey building on the right as you go in. can some one tell me is it a grocery shop or what? never seen it before . value centre is wrote on it. cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

It's a cash and carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

can any one go in to it ? what i mean is do i have to own a shop like musgraves to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

AFAIK you have to be a registered business and open a trade account with them before you can buy stuff.

Could be wrong so check with them if you like : http://www.valuecentre.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭legatti

no you dont have to be a business at all i have bought lots of stuff from them before, we always stock up with booze at christmas from them.
    if you want to claim back the added V.A.T on the items bought .. then you have to be a business, you can go in and shop but bewarned
    jars of mayo and tins of beans are giant size or in packs of 24 :)
    also because shops can claim back the vat, in somecases the Value centre works out no cheaper than retail anyway (i miss Makro:()

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Used to work for them before (though not in the Galway branch) you generally do need to be a business to get an account there.

• Advertisement

Honestly you dont, i know its usual procedure that you do have to have a business account and i dont know why they are so lax about this in the galway branch im only glad that they are.
    have shopped with them before they moved to there new premises and
    you can buy anything booze ciggarettes food, even frozen in there walk in freezer (brrrr thats cold) with no account.
    you also dont have to use cash, we have used laser and credit cards there in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 quixlar

The Value Centre is strickly trade customers only. It is not open to the general public.

quixlar wrote: »
    The Value Centre is strickly trade customers only. It is not open to the general public.

Phone them.. because im not trade and have used it
    some people love to have a opinion without any knowledge:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

i thought this closed down recently?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

i dunno i find tesco cheaper then cash and carry's. its why small shops are so dear

• Advertisement
Advertisement