Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc "NO TV" is it legal & how to end it ?

• 26-03-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

is there a way to stop upc from charging me "& youwink.gif" the fee for not getting the TV from them , it is ridiculous that a company charges an individual 4 not buying a product ????? and why is SKY not allowed into the irish market . is that because upc payrolls includes some decision makers ???? i will be very happy to join any group anywhere to protest against this and express my frustration . thank youuuuuuuuu all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Um...what?

I didn't understand a word.

Sky are in the Irish market.

UPC don't charge you if you don't have their TV service.

Am I missing something obvious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Feidhlim wrote: »
    Um...what?

I didn't understand a word.

Sky are in the Irish market.

UPC don't charge you if you don't have their TV service.

Am I missing something obvious?

If you get a broadband or phone package from UPC, and don't get a TV package with it, they charge you a monthly supplement - think it's €8 a month?

It's not ridiculous, and if you're getting worked up about it, you can change provider, or find a real problem to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Sky are in the Irish market for TV, not for broadband.

They are allowed to offer a broadband service here, as is everyone.
    They just haven't decided to introduce it here yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I really don't see the point of this. The first post is just too full of inaccuracy to ever make this worth while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement