Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech & Language MSc Starting Aug 2010?

Options
  • 26-03-2010 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hiya,

Just got my acceptance to SLT Msc in UL today. Starting August 2010. Soooo delighted. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there in the same boat. Would be nice to have someone to share info with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 actingthegoat

Hiya,
    I'm kinda in the same boat as I'm starting the OT course. Think the courses do some lectures together and whatnot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭maryjm

Congrats to you both for getting into the courses!
    SLT and OT actualy don't have any lectures together, but you will be based in the same building!
    Lislevane Lassi let me know if you have any specific questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mair10

I also got accepted to SLT course! Thrilled!! Can't wait to get started, even if it will be as intense as they say it is!.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lislevane Lassi

Mair10 wrote: »
    I also got accepted to SLT course! Thrilled!! Can't wait to get started, even if it will be as intense as they say it is!.. :)

Congrats! Couldnt believe when I got the letter. Feel like I have so much to organise and then theres the vaccinations as well. Gonna be pricey. Seriously gotta save save save. I think Im gonna go viewing houses soon enough to get in there early. Do you know the campus?:D

Yep I know the campus very well - I did my Undergrad degree in UL. Are you planning on getting on campus accom?

• Advertisement

Hi again!

Just wondering if anybody knows what the timetable is like in the 1st semester of 1st year SLT? Or even where I could get my hands on this years one? I know it might change but it would give me an idea as to what to expect!

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭maryjm

From what I remember first year consists of 2 days a week of lectures and 1 day a week of observation placement and communicaiton partner one day a week.

do you want more specifics of what modules you will be doing?

maryjm wrote: »
    From what I remember first year consists of 2 days a week of lectures and 1 day a week of observation placement and communicaiton partner one day a week.

do you want more specifics of what modules you will be doing?

Thanks a mill. Not too stressful so! I take it its 9-5 on those days?

Yeah I'd love to hear about the specifics, if you have time! :) Are there many exams at the end of semester or is it mostly projects and continuous assessment?!
    Thanks again for the info!

Advertisement