Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertiser map of Oranmore

Options
  • 26-03-2010 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭

This week's Advertiser has quite big map of the Oranmore area on page 58.

I'm just wondering what the quality is like? Are things in the right places? With the right names? Is anything major missing?

I'm not so fussed about individual shops (they move too often for me to be interested), but am interested in Glenascaul Industrial Park, Westlink Commercial Park, Oranmore Business Park.

Also, am I right that the bus-stop is outside 1) Orantown Centre? Is this the only bus stop?

And does anyone know where the Oranmore Shuttle bus goes after it stops there?

(If this map is good, then they've saved me a good three hours walking around with a map! ... was thinking about going there next week, so excellent timing too.)

Mods: Yes, I know that technically Oranmore's in the county not the city. But ... it's practically city ... in the "Galway Metropolitan Area" as the transport planning people now say. And besides, there are so many helpful people here. Pretty please let it stay ... ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

there is another bus stop somewhere in the village centre not sure where it stops tho the best one is the one outside the shopping centre because more buses such as citylink and the busses from limrick and dublin stop here with more frequency the stop across the road from the shopping centre is the one to head into galway on. the map is fairly accurate the shuttle bus used to go through roscam and then into town not sure does it still

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

JustMary wrote:
    they've saved me a good three hours walking around

Oranmore's not that big. :p

Best bus stop is outside the Orantown centre. Frequent(ish) buses from all over the country will stop and take you into town. Stopping at GMIT, and then the bus station.

Oranmore Shuttle will usually take you directly into town via Doughuisce, but sometimes will go via the hospital and around the outskirts of Carnmore. Depends which bus you take though.

The other bus stop is outside the Astro turf in the village/ will also collect outside Keane's Pub. That bus will usually spin around past the Orantown centre to pick up people so there really is little point in picking it, over the Orantown centre stop.

Hope that helps.

And yes... Oranmore is certainly worthy of being in the Galway City Forum. We're pretty damn close to the city.

Advertisement