Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Natural History is gathered

• 26-03-2010 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭

Hiya, I'm doing a project for my college on Natural Enviroment, just wondering if anyone knows interesting sights about how historians/ecologists etc gather info on
    Animals
    Their Enviroment,
    Their characteristics

and how it is displayed, filed etc.

Thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I don't think this is the right forum for this question, I can move it to archeology, paleonthology, biology or geography, or somewhere else if you prefer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

I don't think this is the right forum for this question, I can move it to archeology, paleonthology, biology or geography, or somewhere else if you prefer.
    well, its sort of a collection of all those. I mean fossils etc would be a part of it aswell as like fur, droppings etc...
    I'll let you move it because im not really sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

DigiGal wrote: »
    Hiya, I'm doing a project for my college on Natural Enviroment, just wondering if anyone knows interesting sights about how historians/ecologists etc gather info on
    Animals
    Their Enviroment,
    Their characteristics

and how it is displayed, filed etc.

Thanks a mill :)

A brief history of ecology might be interesting? Arthur Tansley is credited with coining the term ecosystem and the debates around ecology as a discipline are worth reviewing. Want a few references?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

efla wrote: »
    A brief history of ecology might be interesting? Arthur Tansley is credited with coining the term ecosystem and the debates around ecology as a discipline are worth reviewing. Want a few references?
    yes please :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement