Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaints About Music from Neighbours

Options
  • 26-03-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

Sorry admins if i posted this in the wrong place but i didnt know where to go u can always move it :P

Right im a student and i live in a semi detached house and i keep gettin complaints from the neighbours about the music...now i never put music that loud...like theres 32 bars on the system i ever use 10 or 12 which is normal. They keep threatening my landlord that they will call the gards for music (fair enough let the gards come they will see that its not loud at all and just cause of some cranky neighbours i cant practice my dj sets) otherwise to that is there any hour limits like when is the latest you should play the music etc...i do mean its not loud...got all my bass equilizers turned down to default - any lower and it would sound like the sounds coming from a phone.

Like any suggestion what can be done there or so ? cause im a music person and not listenin to music is like strangling me everyday :(

can the gards do anything (cause my mum had the students move in beside her house and they had parties 5 nights out of 5 and the gards come in tell them to keep it down and once they leave same story starts again)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

anytime after 7 i would be pissed if someone had thumping music.

can you not put head phones in?

and your neighbours are not psychic you must have played loud music for them to hear it.

also you know yourself bass travels well so they might only be hearing that which will be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

why would i bother with head phones after paying 400 quid for home cinema sound system? kinda defines the reason...after all i cant live all my life for the benefit of some one else...have to enjoy my life especially while im a student...

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Citygirl1

Why do you believe that all your neighbours should be forced to listen to your taste in music?
    Would you be perfectly content if they all at once also played their various styles of music, at the same volume, had loud shouting matches, and allowed their dogs to bark non-stop.

I believe that they only way a residential area can be kept peaceful and respectable is if all households keep their noise fully within their 4 walls.

From past experience I have sometimes been shocked at how utterly selfish some people can be - if they wish to listen to music at a certain volume, they do not care that 10 other households must put up with this also.

Even if the music itself cannot be heard, the beat can echo through, and is extremely irritating. Certainly, practicing DJ work, must be unacceptable.

I would suggest that use headphones - then you can have your music as loud as you wish.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread locked as it is not DCN-specific

I suggest the OP contacts the Gardai or Council noise pollution dept for further advice

Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement