Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HTC,but which one?

Options
  • 26-03-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Just was wondering for abit of advice. I'm in the market for a new phone and I currently have a nokia n95 8gb and was looking at the HTC range of phones.But I'm not entirely sure as to which one!

Basically I have a budget of 300 euro ish and was wondering which ye guys would recommend!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

htc legend is only one in budget really. about 350euro from clove is the cheapest price.

good review here

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/htc-legend-675421/review?artc_pg=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Do you mind signing a 12 month contract?

Meteor have the HTC Legend for €129 on their €25 p/m tariff.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭JoeyDoh

What about HD Mini, Touch 2 or the smart?

cheers for the replys so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just be aware that the camera on HTC's is not really as good as the N95's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

techradar review above notes that HTC have picked up the game alot with the Legend and Desire regarding camera quality. Hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

JoeyDoh wrote: »
    What about HD Mini, Touch 2 or the smart?

cheers for the replys so far!
    HD Mini and Touch 2 both run Windows Mobile 6.5, which to all intents and purposes is a dead OS. Windows Phone 7 is the replacement and bears no resemblance to 6.5, and old hardware won't be compatible with the new OS.

The Smart, despite the name, isn't a smartphone, and I'd consider it a downgrade from an N95.

I think you'd be best off going with the Legend (or waiting for the Desire to come out on a network here). Both are likely to be upgradeable to the next major release of Android (although this can't be guaranteed I guess), and should therefore have a longer lifespan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I would go with the HD2, Windows 6.5 is fine on mine and the HTC works well on it. It is a really brilliant phone, well worth it :D

199 Euro on O2 billpay.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

i'm getting the htc legend - 129 on €20 pm contract with meteor. tried it out in the shop on saturday and was really impressed. ordered it online when i got back (didnt have proof of address with me) and should have it at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i got the legend, upgraded from the n95 8gb. loving it so far, but really need to rtfm.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

is it a worthy upgrade from Nokia N95 8Gb?? Am thinking of going for it but worried about the data package if i go over it can be very expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sack

For what it's worth, I've got a Legend and it's great. Very responsive, great screen, great apps, decent camera with flash and well built.

Advertisement