Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Console Modding ?

Options
  • 26-03-2010 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

I would'nt like to know I was banned from Console Modding.

Other people posted guides and posted links and I got banned I have not been near that thread in a week and a bit and out of the blue I get banned.

Why was I singled out.

I just dont think that was fair as other people posted guides

Thread I posted http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055854982

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I've already explained to the OP via PM why he was "singled out" but I'll explian my side of the story to the admins.

Talking about or linking to tools or the process of modding the wii is not against the charter but talking about or linking to something that tells you how to play back up games is.

Bobby talked about how to mod the wii, linked to tools to modding the wii, but never once mentions playing a backup.

OP linked to a thread on a different forum with the title "Neogamma R7 (Tutorial): Play Burned Wii Games"

OP also received a reduced "sentence" of a 1 month ban rather than the documented 3 as it was his first offense and was possibly just careless to what he linked to

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The normal course of action when querying a mod's actions is to PM the mod to discuss it with them. If you're not happy with the outcome you should PM one of the CMods and they'll take a look. Only if you're still unhappy after that should you start a Help desk thread.

However, as witnessmenow has provided a clear explanation of what happened on the thread and how the forum rules apply to it, we'll cut straight to the chase this one time.

What it boils down to is that you broke one of the rules set out in the forum charter, simple as that. Whether this was deliberate, through carelessness or ignorance is irrelevant, if you intend to post on a forum on Boards it's your responsibility to read the charter and be aware of its rules. witnessmenow generously reduced your ban as it was your first offence, but as you breached the charter he was right to ban you and it won't be lifted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

what do you mean it wont be lifted I didnt even know I did anything wrong. that is not fair.

I would like to say Im am very sorry to Witness me now for offending him by posting such a link and I am really sorry.

Am I allowed to come back into the forum in a month ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yes, once your ban expires in a month you'll have access to the forum restored.

• Advertisement

oh o.k sorry I seen you wrote there my ban wont be lifted.

right to ban you and it won't be lifted.

Advertisement