Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Carlow town missing?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

A computer store.

Lapdancing club...

Or a computer store with lapdancing staff serving Burger king...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Carlow town is missing a skate park for all the skate board Roller blade or BMX Enthusiasts. I would of loved something like that when i was a kid. If we did have a skate pk in the town id encourage my kids (when i have a few)to get involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Carlow town is missing a skate park for all the skate board Roller blade or BMX Enthusiasts. I would of loved something like that when i was a kid. If we did have a skate pk in the town id encourage my kids (when i have a few)to get involved
    i fully agree but insurance costs are prohibitive, when little johnny breaks an arm or leg on his skateboard mammy and daddy go looking to the council or the owners of said park for COMPO!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Does that play centre in bagnelstown not have a skate board place in it. I think it's kiddies kingdom???

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

I agree with comments about restaurants....given that it is a fairly decent size town, i find Carlow shocking for food. Was down in Wexford the other night and there are a few great places to eat, also in Dunmore a few weeks ago and it's the same. I want somewhere in town i can take people to, and not have to drive an hour to get there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

flossie wrote: »
    I agree with comments about restaurants....given that it is a fairly decent size town, i find Carlow shocking for food. Was down in Wexford the other night and there are a few great places to eat, also in Dunmore a few weeks ago and it's the same. I want somewhere in town i can take people to, and not have to drive an hour to get there!
    There's a great restaurant in Clonegal (never dined there, yet) which apparently is booked-up for ages but that would be an exception.
    There isn't the market in Carlow to support many restaurants, don't forget that Wexford and Dunmore are very much on the tourist trail and as such would have a much higher foot-fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭royston_vasey

slimjimmc wrote: »
    There's a great restaurant in Clonegal (never dined there, yet) which apparently is booked-up for ages but that would be an exception.
    There isn't the market in Carlow to support many restaurants, don't forget that Wexford and Dunmore are very much on the tourist trail and as such would have a much higher foot-fall.

That restaurant in Clonegal - Sha-Gloe(?) - isn't up to much was there last Sunday and was very disappointed with the fare on offer. The food lacks creativity and is actually very bland which is more than can be said for the prices :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

A leisure center!
    Kilkenny have one - http://thewatershed.ie/
    Athy has one - http://www.kildareleisure.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

That restaurant in Clonegal - Sha-Gloe(?) - isn't up to much was there last Sunday and was very disappointed with the fare on offer. The food lacks creativity and is actually very bland which is more than can be said for the prices :eek:

Strange , they've had a good reputation and they seem to be doing something right.
    http://irishrestaurantawards.com/press-leinster-regional-winners-4.html

I hope standards haven't slipped since they will be/have been assessed by a mystery judge sometime during May.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Amanda7148

racso1975 wrote: »
    Does that play centre in bagnelstown not have a skate board place in it. I think it's kiddies kingdom???

The roller skating in Kiddies Kingdom is excellent..my kids have been there and it is really good fun and reasonably priced...I think it is about €7 for 1 and a half hours...no skateboarding though - they hire you the skates and 'padding' in with the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Strange , they've had a good reputation and they seem to be doing something right.
    http://irishrestaurantawards.com/press-leinster-regional-winners-4.html

I hope standards haven't slipped since they will be/have been assessed by a mystery judge sometime during May.

LOL the lad who wasn't impressed got OWNED there, he must be a very grump chap when it comes to food!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

A shop that will sell ladies jeans - Levi's, Lee, Wrangler or Hilfiger
    Shaws don't anymore since they refurbished a few years ago, Praha ladies did but it is now a mens store only. Pamela Scott did Hilfiger and stopped recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭royston_vasey

LOL the lad who wasn't impressed got OWNED there, he must be a very grump chap when it comes to food!!
    Well we were in a party of 4 and all of us were disappointed as we had heard rave reviews of the place. One of the party returned her steak and believe me she is NOT the complaining type. However, I would have to concede that the service was excellent and in fairness they did take the cost of the steak from the bill.

Have to admit I am a bit of a food grumpy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

thats where a big 'use at your own risk' sign comes in. though I dont think such signs have much legal standing
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    i fully agree but insurance costs are prohibitive, when little johnny breaks an arm or leg on his skateboard mammy and daddy go looking to the council or the owners of said park for COMPO!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

flossie wrote: »
    Lautrecs and Piccola Italia have to be the best though, fairly top notch

Advertisement