Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bolton Wanderers v Manchester United

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :confused: I don't remember us rolling over 4-0

I'll remember this post next time United fans call us small time for chanting about them during a game which they aren't involved in.

We are not the ones posting in a City thread...not sure if such a thing exists tbh :pac: :D

Anyhoo...good result tonight. Two victories next week and will be looking very, very good. Good to see Macheda fit too, need strength in depth for the run-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Weird game , Win 4-0 but Vidic or VDS MOTM imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

fantastic reply to what happened earlier in the day, VDS Nani Berbatov and Vidic all outstanading today , Vidic nudged MOM for me, he was awesome in the second half when we only had the one goal lead.

6 to go fo no. 19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Great stuff, good to be top of the league going into the Chelsea game.

For a man I've given out so much about on here, Nani played out of his skin today. Fair play to him, a while ago I couldn't see anyway back for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Vidic and Nani, absolutely outstanding.

I'm f*cking delighted for Nani. The utter sh*t that has been talked about him in the past has been unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Very happy with that scoreline and how the team went about getting it. So many good performances from the players, can't really think of anyone who had a bad game. VDS, Berbatov, Fletch, Vidic, Giggs, Evra, all impressed me. Nani gets a special mention, he's starting to play more and more games at the right level and he did really well today, even on his unfavoured side.

Woot! Bring it on Bayern/Chelsea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Great result

Berbagoal is a machine, played very well and delighted for him to grab some goals, cant hurt his confidence!

Nani was also excellent in parts, and Vidic was a rock as usual!

VDS save from Muamba was a pivotal moment in the match and its a credit to him that at his age he is still capable of making such differences

Overall we were under a bit of pressure up to the second goal and it was one hell of a relief when it went in!

Back to the top,next 4 league games very difficult not to mention the CL but we have one more game down and still have a fighting chance for the league now

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Great stuff, good to be top of the league going into the Chelsea game.

For a man I've given out so much about on here, Nani played out of his skin today. Fair play to him, a while ago I couldn't see anyway back for him.

I agree about Nani. For both of his assists today, if he had been in the same position at the start of the season he would have shot rather than pick the pass. His improved decision making is really turning him into an effective winger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

baz2009 wrote: »
    "Are ya City, are ya City, are ya City in disguise? Are ya City in disguise?"
    :D

Quality post. You seem to be a real class act. Of what would you regard your posting as representative?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

The Muppet wrote: »
    6 to go fo no. 19.

Out of everything posted in this thread, this is the part that excites me the most.

• Advertisement

ccosgrave wrote: »
    Out of everything posted in this thread, this is the part that excites me the most.

Ah, to exceed in 140-ish years what Liverpool did in about 100 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

nipplenuts wrote: »

I never knew Liverpool stopped playing football 40 years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

nipplenuts wrote: »

United founded: 1878
    Liverpool founded: 1892

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

should utd be fined for playing a weakened team?

?

Jeez, I don't know when they were founded. Call it 130-ish so. All I know is Liverpool haven't won one in 20 years or so. No biggie, just observing the return overall is not as good - though obviously it's still awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

?

I've seen it all now. Are Liverpool fans going to start this if United do win the league this year. I can hear it now "Yeah you may have one more but we a better league to years in existence record so are therefore still the most successful club"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

?

If we want to be anal

Manchester Utd founded 1902 [officially]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

syngindub wrote: »

yeah. Doesn't matter if players are injured or anything, they should still play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

syngindub wrote: »

Van der Sar; Neville G, Evans, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Scholes (Carrick 74), Fletcher (Gibson 80), Nani ; Giggs (Macheda 84), Berbatov

Since when is this a weakened team! Most Premier League managers would kill to have the chance to put out a team like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Vidic was simply outstanding tonight.

Everything that came his way, he dealt with brilliantly. He also did a good job of building United attacks from the back, passing/taking the ball out of defense (A job usually given to Ferdinand.)

Some Stats:

22 Clearances,
    7 Successful tackles,
    4 Interceptions,
    6 Blocks.

In other words he broke down a bolton attack almost 40 times. Fantastic stuff.

• Advertisement

There are still those that doubt Vidic though! amazing isnt it

Absolute beast of a player

kryogen wrote: »

Name and shame.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Torres ?

Name and shame.

Flahavaj

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Torres ?

has he found his way out of his pocket then? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

He may dip in and out - just to have a look, curiosity I'd say- more out than in though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I hope VDS plays on til he's 45...a few outstanding saves today.

Me Too but would we be lonely on the perch all by ourselves?:)

picture.php?albumid=102&pictureid=4091

Flahavaj

Nah , he's only on a wind up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bolton are f*cking sh*t in fairness. He has no bother marking a physically strong striker like Elmander. That was never a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Nah , he's only on a wind up.

you'd be surprise

I think he's quite serious

flahavaj wrote: »
    Bolton are f*cking sh*t in fairness. He has no bother marking a physically strong striker like Elmander. That was never a problem.

Where do you see his problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I hope VDS plays on til he's 45...a few outstanding saves today.

As long as he doesn't "retire" from English football & then come back & play for Man City!

We'll forgive Peter though - a United legend through & through and the first goalie to ever score in the Premiership (even though it was for Villa!).

9-Tw-1993-8-B.jpg

Legend. ;)

He genuinely worries me against pacy strikers. I've probably gone over the top in voicing that opinion in the past and exaggerated a little, but he does worry me whenever someone direct and pacy plays against United.

Others have made a big deal out of it more than I have tbh. Kryogen in particular brings it up with tedious regularity. I thought it had been put to bed, yet here we are again. Perish the thought that a United fan could believe something other than the fact that all United players are the greatest players in the world ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that was ominous looking.

bolton were embarrassing though.

Vidic was brilliant, yet he'll never have it easier. bolton played into his hands.

Giggs; superb.

Berba; clinical.

so much for a tricky game...

• Advertisement

He genuinely worries me against pacy strikers. I've probably gone over the top in voicing that opinion in the past and exaggerated a little, but he does worry me whenever someone direct and pacy plays against United.

Others have made a big deal out of it more than I have tbh. Kryogen in particular brings it up with tedious regularity. I thought it had been put to bed, yet here we are again. Perish the thought that a United fan could believe something other than the fact that all United players are the greatest players in the world ever.

You have a point about the pacy attackers but the likes of an on form Torres will casue problems for even the very best defenders. Vidic's comes into his own when opponents try the ariel route of attack, he is awesome in those instances and usually mops up everything that is thrown at him, (with the odd notabale exception befroe the pool fans decide to remind me of last seasons game).

Ah well you're preaching to the converted with the second paragraph. Do like i do, give as good as you get.

SlickRic wrote: »
    that was ominous looking.

bolton were embarrassing though.

Vidic was brilliant, yet he'll never have it easier. bolton played into his hands.

Giggs; superb.

Berba; clinical.

so much for a tricky game...

Had him as my MOTM. Has developed into such a wonderfully composed and intelligent player on the ball. You just trust him so much when he has the ball at his feet. Legend is an utterly inadequate word sometimes.

You have a point about the pacy attackers but the likes of an on form Torres will casue problems for even the very best defenders. Vidic's comes into his own when opponents try the ariel route of attack, he is awesome in those instances and usually mops up everything that is thrown at him.

Ah well you're preaching to the converted with the second paragraph. Do like i do, give as good as you get.

Ha, I'm well able for the mouth droolers Muppet bai, never fear.;)

I certainly never had a problem with Nemanja with regards his aerial prowess and as you say the Bolton attack is bread and butter to him.

without being able to read his posts i can guarantee you he bangs on about not trusting him against a striker with pace

(cause Vidic is of course the exception, he is the only CB in the world who doesnt like pace isnt he)

edit-lmao, just saw his post in your quoted response!

others make a bigger deal out of it then him? this from the chap who almost daily spoke of how Vidic was in decline and a liability :) brilliant

knuckle draggers indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

BackPeddlingViolinist.jpg

• Advertisement

without being able to read his posts i can guarantee you he bangs on about not trusting him against a striker with pace

(cause Vidic is of course the exception, he is the only CB in the world who doesnt like pace isnt he)

Why can't you read Flahs posts?

LOL.

He is less comfortable against pace now than he used to be is my point. I'm well aware of the fact that pace bothers even the best of defenders, but it bothers Nemanja now far more than it did pre Anfield 2009, for whatever reason.

Thanks for the reply though, I've missed you baby.:)

Why can't you read Flahs posts?

I'd imagine because he has him on ignore because of the amount of complete shíté he talks 156.2% of the time.

Boggles wrote: »
    I'd imagine because he has him on ignore because of the amount of complete shíté he talks 156.2% of the time.

I can guarantee he reads every post.

And lets face it they're worth it 156.2% of the time.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

that was some save by VDS :eek:

I can guarantee he reads every post.

And lets face it they're worth it 156.2% of the time.:pac:

I'll ask once more in the hope I may get an answer now.

Name one team in world football, where Vidic would not make the starting 11?

How naive am I, I though we were all one big loved up family here, I'm shocked.:eek: Should I offer my services as mediator?

Never saw the point in putting anyone on ignore myself, as is the case here you'll see all their posts in quotes anyway.

I'll ask once more in the hope I may get an answer now.

Name one team in world football, where Vidic would not make the starting 11?

I've already put the matter to bed Boggles lad and held my hands up that I may hev been a tad over the top.

As I said earlier, others appear more anxious to flog this dead horse than I at this stage.

How naive am I, I though we were all one big loved up family here, I'm shocked.:eek: Should I offer my services as mediator?

Never saw the point in putting anyone on ignore myself, as is the case here you'll see all their posts in quotes anyway.

aye, when people quote them it can be annoying/funny, but it doesnt happen too often so it serves its purpose well enough

i had gone 3+ years without a member on my ignore list, now i have 2 :(

LOL exactly. And answering posts that you read in quotes from someone you have on ignore anyway completely makes a mockery of the entire exercise and shows a poor understanding of the word "ignore.":pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement