Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bolton Wanderers v Manchester United

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

flahavaj wrote: »
    I've already put the matter to bed Boggles lad and held my hands up that I may hev been a tad over the top.

As I said earlier, others appear more anxious to flog this dead horse than I at this stage.

You might criticise Vidic's games for United earlier this season, but calling hime a dead horse is a step too far. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Boggles wrote: »
    I'd imagine because he has him on ignore because of the amount of complete shíté he talks 156.2% of the time.

I've see that said about a few others Boggles, have you ever wondered how many have you on ignore.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Well that wasn't bad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dave! wrote: »
    Well that wasn't bad :)

excellent result, and keeps the momentum we have going, hopefully it will continue during the week and we go into the Chelsea game with a fit and confident team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The Muppet wrote: »
    I've see that said about a few others Boggles, have you ever wondered how many have you on ignore.:)

I even had to put Boggles on ignore myself for a few days Muppet bai, he wouldn't stop haraunging me over Nemanja. I took him off when I realised how childish it was on mature reflection, but more importantly the Liverpool thread was practically unreadable when its biggest subscriber's posts were invisible. Boggles is the glue that keeps that thread together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Lookin at the highlights on 101greatgoals.com, VDS made a couple of outstanding saves !

He's here his postmatch interview, along with the fitness coach, who seems to be his pal :p

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/5180154/

his save from Muamba was huge

the one from Elmander i think it was before that, well you would be disappointed if he let that in but the Muamba one, noice!

The build up to the own goal was superb - long ball out from VDS to Berba, delightful head on to Nani, who does an amazing flick on to Giggs, who still has great pace & vision to get a lovely placed cross into the box.

If only Samuel hadn't knocked it into his own net, it could've been a contender for goal of the season, presuming that Fletcher would have finished it as well as the Bolton defender!

The Muamba save was world class, his ability to even get to the ball amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

kryogen wrote: »
    i had gone 3+ years without a member on my ignore list, now i have 2 :(

we require u to name and shame these wretched human beings..!
    (im farrr to nice to be one of them)

bolton did well until O.G. man scored yet another for the united.
    after that it was united all the way (including Berba who played well)
    next weekend..jeesh im looking forward to it.
    theres a pub in dundalk showing it in 3D apparently, nice!

OG has been a significant conrtibuter this season, if we do pull of the title win, they should definitely get a medal made with a dedication to OG on it!

and i know its a freak occurance, but honestly it is mostly to do with the team putting the balls into dangerous areas and pressuring defenders into mistakes

Samuel today however, i just dont have a clue what he was trying to do

fair play to him though

next week, my wet dream is for JT to score an OG in injury time to gift the 3 points to us

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

The Muamba save was world class, his ability to even get to the ball amazing.

Yeah that save was phenomenal. When he was in the air I was sure he wouldn't reach it, then he sort of flexed his body and just hovered for an extra second longer :eek: Totally unbelievable

With all the talk of Vidic in the last few posts I should point out that the early 90s action movie that was inspired by him is on TV3 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

kryogen wrote:
    i know its a freak occurance, but honestly it is mostly to do with the team putting the balls into dangerous areas and pressuring defenders into mistakes
    In fairness, its to do with luck, thats all. United aren't the first team to put balls into dangerous areas or hassle players, yet this season is a record for og's with twice the previous record being scored in favour of United already!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    In fairness, its to do with luck, thats all. United aren't the first team to put balls into dangerous areas or hassle players, yet this season is a record for og's with twice the previous record being scored in favour of United already!

Saying it is luck wouldn't firt in with kryogen's gimmick of refusing to say anything that isn't complimentary to United and their players though, Al.;)

oh of course there is plenty of luck involved, sure that goes without saying, but if we werent putting the balls in those areas and creating the pressure then the mistakes wouldnt be made, surely you can accept that?

to be a pedant, its not quite twice what our record is.......yet!

like i said, its a freak occurance, wouldnt expect to see it happen again anytime soon in one season

ill happily take every bit of luck the team can get if it results in a league title, and then maybe if we can convince someone to take the donkey Carrick off our hands in the summer it would be a great season!

Liverpool in the market for a multiple league winner and champions league winner?

• Advertisement

oh of course there is plenty of luck involved, sure that goes without saying, but if we werent putting the balls in those areas and creating the pressure then the mistakes wouldnt be made, surely you can accept that?

to be a pedant, its not quite twice what our record is.......yet!

like i said, its a freak occurance, wouldnt expect to see it happen again anytime soon in one season

ill happily take every bit of luck the team can get if it results in a league title, and then maybe if we can convince someone to take the donkey Carrick off our hands in the summer it would be a great season!

Liverpool in the market for a multiple league winner and champions league winner?

LMAO.:pac: Gimmick infringement.

next week, my wet dream is for JT to score an OG in injury time to gift the 3 points to us

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

OG has been a significant conrtibuter this season, if we do pull of the title win, they should definitely get a medal made with a dedication to OG on it!

and i know its a freak occurance, but honestly it is mostly to do with the team putting the balls into dangerous areas and pressuring defenders into mistakes

Its partly down to variance imo, Diaby's own goal for us against arsenal was our first own goal this season. Before then we had gone 87 games without another team scoring an own goal for us.

87 games without an own goal (That seems unlucky). Since then we have played 44 games scoring 11 own goals.

So in our last 131 games we have scored 11 own goals. Roughly 1 own goal every 12 games. That seems about right to me.

I would also agree with kryogen that our general style sets us up to score own goals more frequently. We seem to get much more crosses into he box from wide areas than we previously did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Disgraceful carry on by the Bolton fans, they spent the entire 90mins doing airplane signs and singing whois that dying on the runway etc.

United are a one man team.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Pro. F wrote: »
    Yeah that save was phenomenal. When he was in the air I was sure he wouldn't reach it, then he sort of flexed his body and just hovered for an extra second longer :eek: Totally unbelievable

With all the talk of Vidic in the last few posts I should point out that the early 90s action movie that was inspired by him is on TV3 now.

It was also impressive that he saved the ball with lower hand. That was the kind of shot keepers try claw over the bar with the higher hand. First class save and moment of the match for me.

And just want to acknowledge that Vidic, Berba and Nani were fantastic too.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Disgraceful carry on by the Bolton fans, they spent the entire 90mins doing airplane signs and singing whois that dying on the runway etc.

United are a one man team.....

did they really?

cant say i noticed it, id be very surprised by that, disappointed also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Berba was brilliant yesterday. Its all about intelligence.

O Shea back in first team training is a boost too.

It's got nothing to do with Luck. If you whizz balls in at pace between the Keeper and his defenders with your players attacking that space the defenders have no option but to try a clearance which is difficult considering they are then facing their own goal.

In a lot of the own Goals this season there was a United player in position for a tap in if the defender left the ball, for instance Fletcher was in place yesterday.

did they really?

cant say i noticed it, id be very surprised by that, disappointed also

Well i was right beside them and I'm pretty sure they didn't look at the game for more then 10mins a half. Small time bitter c*nts.

Here is another commenting on it, some of them where over 25. http://www.redcafe.net/f6/bolton-290298/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

It's got nothing to do with Luck. If you whizz balls in at pace between the Keeper and his defenders with your players attacking that space the defenders have no option but to try a clearance which is difficult considering they are then facing their own goal.

In a lot of the own Goals this season there was a United player in position for a tap in if the defender left the ball, for instance Fletcher was in place yesterday.
    Its got nothing to do with luck?! Ha you're a joker. Wat you're saying about Fletcher is true, however, that doesn't explain why the defender didn't hoof the ball out of play! I've already explained that United have twice the previous record for own goals in a season at the minute. Its definately luck, or do you just think uniteds delivery has been twice as good as any other team in the history of the premierleague?

Its definately luck, or do you just think uniteds delivery has been twice as good as any other team in the history of the premierleague?

Nah you're wrong, most of the OG's would have being scored if the defender didn't knock it into his own net(Arsenal, Villa, Birmingham etc) Oh and VDS is the best keeper in the premiership.

Its got nothing to do with luck?! Ha you're a joker. Wat you're saying about Fletcher is true, however, that doesn't explain why the defender didn't hoof the ball out of play! I've already explained that United have twice the previous record for own goals in a season at the minute. Its definately luck, or do you just think uniteds delivery has been twice as good as any other team in the history of the premierleague?

The position the ball is played into and pace the ball is travelling at and the fact that the defeder is facing his own goal when trying to clear explains why it sometimes ends up in the net instead of being hoofed out of play.

Different tactics this season, more such balls being whipped in rather than Ronaldo carrying it in explains the increase.

Simples

Advertisement