Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Which Type of Xbox?

• 26-03-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

As u might have known i have posted a thread on if i should get an Xbox or not. The thread went awol and was shut down :(

So anyway, was lucking 4 an xbox and luckily my friend offered to sell it to me. Its an Xbox pro/premium (not sure if thats da real name), and was wondering if it was good?

He's also got like 20 games or something and 2 controllers and cables 4 them. He wants to sell it for €240. Is that a good deal? is the Elite any good?? PLZZZ HELP!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

do you know what size hard drive isi on it?

Installing games cuts down on noise and load times, if it's only the 20gb drive you will only get max 2 games on it at a time. Which is a pain if you have a few on the go at once.

How old is the console being offered to you? I would be reluctant to go with an old one due to well documented reliability issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

THE elite has at least 60gig hardrive, it has HDMI interface for easy connection to HDTV.
    google xbox elite deals ireland, i,ve seen elite with 5 new games going for 240euro.LOAD a demo,or mp3 from the hardrive to make sure its working, load up a game from the dvd too.GET a receipt with date,price, serial no.
    Google xbox elite specification.
    the XBOX arcade has no hardrive, just has memory card 256meg ram.
    You can buy a 360 20gig drive hd , for 30 euro on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JamieDev

its a 60gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

THATS a very good deal, make sure its working, you,ll need a pc monitor, or hdtv to use it in hd 720p mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

A brand new elite (120GB hard drive) will set you back around €250 with two games, from Gamestop.

If he's giving you 20 games as well, that's great value, as long as they're games that you actually want to play!

Just make sure that when he gives you the xbox that he unregisters it with MS, so you can register it in your name online at www.xbox.com, so you'll have the extended warranty against the dreaded RROD problem.

If you really want to get the most out of the 360, make sure to get an xbox live gold membership (€60 p.a. but you'll get a month free to try it out) and connect the xbox to your broadband.

Happy gaming, just remember to eat and sleep ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

If you really want to get the most out of the 360, make sure to get an xbox live gold membership (€60 p.a. but you'll get a month free to try it out) and connect the xbox to your broadband.

Happy gaming, just remember to eat and sleep ;)

Really sorry for hijacking thread OP but can i go xbox live using my laptop???

I don't know much about it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

falan wrote: »
    Really sorry for hijacking thread OP but can i go xbox live using my laptop???

I don't know much about it..

There is a whole thread about that here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

calex71 wrote: »
    There is a whole thread about that here

Thank-you!!

Advertisement