Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash on Henry St

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

I sent an email of to the RSA to establish the correct driving procedure at Flashing Traffic Lights, the following is their reply.

RE: Correct driving procedue at "Flashing Traffic Lights"‏
    Sent: 07 April 2010 13:09:00
    To: xxxxxxx@hotmail.com

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for contacting the Road Safety Authority. I forwarded your email to our Driver Testing Supervisor, Frank McGill. Frank came back to me this morning stating that there is nothing in the Rules of the Road Book to state the correct driving procedure at “Flashing Traffic Lights”. He stated that this junction needs to be treated of roads of equal importance, the onus is on each driver to take all precautions.

I hope this answers your query.

Kind Regards,

Sandra McHale,

Road Safety Authority

Sent: 31 March 2010 22:46
    To: Info
    Subject: Correct driving procedue at "Flashing Traffic Lights"

Hi,

I'm looking for the correct driving procedure when approching a set of traffic lights that are turned to flashing due to traffic congestion, in particular, lights that flash red for one approch road and amber for the other approch road.

I failed to find any information of the Rules of the Road and hope that you might be of assistance.

Best Regards,
    xxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Which basically means traffic from your right has priority.

I love seeing people sitting at the flashing red lights. Why? Its flashing, surely you should realise there is something wrong. :confused:

Obviously the flashing amber is no problem for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Berty wrote: »
    Which basically means traffic from your right has priority.

I love seeing people sitting at the flashing red lights. Why? Its flashing, surely you should realise there is something wrong. :confused:

Obviously the flashing amber is no problem for most people.

Read post #8 above :D

Advertisement