Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Torchlight on Steam only €4

• 26-03-2010 11:38pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As it says in the title, Torchlight is only €4 on Steam through monday.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/41500/
    About the Game

Behold Torchlight, a fresh new Action RPG franchise developed by Runic Games. Torchlight is being developed in Seattle by a veteran team composed of the designers and leads of projects like Diablo, Diablo II, Mythos, and Fate. Our team has spent many years honing and evolving this unique style of gameplay.

The adventure is set in the mining settlement of Torchlight, a boomtown founded on the discovery of rich veins of Ember - a rare and mysterious ore with the power to enchant or corrupt all that it contacts. This corruptive power may have dire consequences however, and players set out into the nearby mountains and depths below to discover the full extent of Ember’s influence on the civilizations that have come before.

Runic Games will initially release Torchlight as a standalone Single Player game, Torchlight will be released in the latter part of 2009 as a download or in box. Following the single player release, work will commence on a fully-featured MMO version.

Single Player Version
    Players will choose from among three character classes, and venture from the safety of the town of Torchlight into randomly generated dungeon levels, with a huge variety of creepy monsters, endless variations of loot to find, and quests to complete. The endless randomization ensures a long-lived gameplay experience.

Randomization - Our level layouts are randomly created, so each adventure is unique. Monsters, treasures, puzzles, and items are also different each time you embark on an adventure
    Easy, approachable interface - Torchlight is designed to be easy to play right from the beginning. The intuitive interface gives players easy access to a rich and varied world
    Retirement System - Once characters are sufficiently leveled up, they can “retire” and bestow specific benefits and perks to new characters
    Pets - Players will choose a pet to accompany them. Pets can level up along with the player, and will help in battle, carry items, and perform a variety of helpful services
    Character Classes - Players will create and customize a character from one of three classes available, and choose an animal companion. Through cosmetic choices, skill path decisions, and the treasures they acquire, each character will be custom-tailored and different
    Fishing - Players can take a break from the high-energy pace of adventuring to visit one of the fishing holes and relax and see what they can catch. Fish have interesting benefits for the player and pet, and other rewards can also be discovered
    Included Editor - Runic Games is embracing our modding community by including an editor so our players can create and design their own content

System Requirements
    Processor: x86-compatible 800MHz processor
    Memory: 512MB
    Graphics: DirectX-compatible 3D graphics with at least 64MB of addressable memory (such as an ATI Radeon 7200, NVIDIA GeForce 2, or Intel GMA 950)
    DirectX®: 9.0c
    Hard Drive: 400MB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Great game, well worth €4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

If you liked Diablo, get this game right now!
    Absolutely fantastic game - got 30 hours play from it so far and intend to return for more soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

tman wrote:
    Absolutely fantastic game - got 30 hours play from it so far and intend to return for more soon

Granted its well worth €4 I'm not sure I see the replayability beyond the story myself, unless the multiplayer is closer than I think or there's community made quests?

I completed all standard quests in under 15hrs, although it was enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Was looking at getting this a few weeks back but held off.
    Thanks for the alert, bought now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Granted its well worth €4 I'm not sure I see the replayability beyond the story myself, unless the multiplayer is closer than I think or there's community made quests?

I completed all standard quests in under 15hrs, although it was enjoyable.

Different strokes for different folks I guess... As I've been playing I've been stockpiling weapons/armour which will be used whenever I play through again as a different class.
    I know they're repetetive, but have you completed all of the extra quests given by the 2 npcs by the tomb? Find it hard to believe that anybody could do that in 15 hours...
    I've tried a few mods (just to get the steam achievements really) and didn't think much of any of them

• Advertisement
Advertisement