Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VISA World Cup Competition

Options
  • 27-03-2010 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Mods - feel free to move. Linked to credit card purchases with VISA
    Seen the ad in the papers in the last few days, so entered some of my purchases at www.visa.ie
    1st purchase - no joy. But the next 2 purchases both won EUR20 prepaid VISA cards :) I never win anything!
    Have to fill out my details (without the actual credit card number), enclose a copy of the receipt, post off, and wait for further details from them.
    Don't think it's a scam, but cannot believe I won anything!
    Anyone else had any joy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Getting really doubtful. Just won EU50. 3 wins out of 4 entries. Really curious as to any other winners....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sirraymondmang

I won €50 first time out! But no joy on next 3 purchases. Seems genuine to me. Also its only the first 6 digits on your card that you have to fill in on the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

My aunt has just been told she has won 500. Could anybody help me as to where you find the form that you have to fill in. I can't find it anywhere.

When she won the money, they should have given her the details.
    But either way, they send you an email, you print it out, fill in the blanks, photocopy the original VISA receipt with the amount, dates, times etc., and post it off to the address provided.
    500 is one of the better prizes, so well done to her.
    PS - for one of the amounts I won, I never received the email. I re-entered the details, and the 2nd time I did receive the prize confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Entered quite a few, and got €100 tonight. Will send away the details and see. Receipt is in £ STG, so hope they won't be too picky as I had to approximate the conversion rate lol

[Edit] Darn, T&C's seem to indicate international transactions are excluded! Oh well..[/Edit]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Entered quite a few, and got €100 tonight. Will send away the details and see. Receipt is in £ STG, so hope they won't be too picky as I had to approximate the conversion rate lol

[Edit] Darn, T&C's seem to indicate international transactions are excluded! Oh well..[/Edit]

Hi

If that was an online purchase in £sterling then you should be ok as online purchases are excepted. In either case, If i was you i would have found the exact euro amount charged to your account.

I hope you get it. I've won a €100 one for renewing my motor tax online €94 - i was happy

Its a crazy term/condition imo, so "life flows better with Visa" when you pay in euro in Ireland, but nowhere else

Had not spotted the international clause - there goes one of my wins.:(
    Thanks for the heads up.

Won my second €100 Visa today, and I've havent entered/used my visa much.

Guys please update as soon as you receive, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

My aunt ended up just calling Visa and they are sending her out the prepaid card once she sends in the receipt.

Has anyone received their prepaid winning cards yet?
    I sent off my winning entry 3 weeks ago, but no sign yet....

• Advertisement

Rashers72,

I haven't received either of my €100's Visa's yet; I presume they'll just batch them all out together or something...

I emailed them with the contact address they provided in the winning email, no response after a week - i think it's a 3rd party company looking after it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Sent my entry about 2 weeks ago. No sign of reply or winning voucher yet. Has anyone received theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

ohh..came from holiday now but i threw away all my receipts :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

ohh..came from holiday now but i threw away all my receipts :-(

Would they accept a print out of your online statment i wonder??

International transactions are not allowed - I won EUR50 earlier on with one of them while on holidays, and then realised it was not allowed

Anyone who won, did u guys get anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

MartMax wrote: »
    Anyone who won, did u guys get anything yet?

Heard nothing, and no sign of the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just wondering if anyone has received their prize?
    I emailed them a few days ago but did not get a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I won two e20's, no sign of either yet.

One of my prepaid cards arrived today, promising that the PIN number would follow shortly. There was no information about winning amounts etc. I assume all will come shortly.

• Advertisement

Rashers72 wrote: »
    One of my prepaid cards arrived today, promising that the PIN number would follow shortly. There was no information about winning amounts etc. I assume all will come shortly.

I got the exact same today, came from the uk

Just checked my balance on https://www.rfr.citiprepaid.com/defaultlogin.do and it says i have €100 of a balance ready to use :)

Yerp received my prepaid credit card yesterday. Waiting for the PIN code now.

MartMax wrote: »
    Yerp received my prepaid credit card yesterday. Waiting for the PIN code now.

You only need the pin if you want to use it instore.

If only this card could be topped up, would be fantastic!

I won two 50 euros but only got 1 prepaid card. The balance is showing only 50 euro. I wonder if they'll be sending another card.

I equally won 2 EUR20's, but only received 1 card + 1 PIN. Wonder when the next one will arrive...
    Definetly only 1 EUR20 on the crad I received.

Interestingly got an email yesterday to say I never claimed my 2nd prize, and to send my name and address via email, and it would be posted to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I won 3 times and only received the cards this week.
    This was after a lot of contact with Visa and the assistance of a lady working for Visa (or a company associated with the competition) in the UK.

Advertisement