Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carton House, Maynooth.

• 27-03-2010 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Some people have photographed around here - I think that's where the boat house/lake shots that pop up on the forum from time to time come from.

I'm just wondering is this open to the public as in for a "walk about" or should you be a guest of the hotel?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I've a feeling achtungbarry is the person to answer this one for ya...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nowst

There are two Walks/Trails around the estate which anyone can go on, you can get some nice shots on either & also of the boat house in front of the hotel. Just watch out for golf balls flying around !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not been in there with the camera, but have been for a run around there a couple of times with no problem. Lot of golfers though and signs on various paths saying golfers only so they might not like you going some places unless you've got a set of sticks with you as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

AnCatDubh wrote: »

I'm just wondering is this open to the public as in for a "walk about" or should you be a guest of the hotel?

Thanks.

It's open to the public.

Winter is the best time in there as the golf course is closed. You could alsoo head over tp the K Club in Straffan. This too is open to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭VisionaryP

Some people have photographed around here - I think that's where the boat house/lake shots that pop up on the forum from time to time come from.

Thanks.
    I shot a wedding there today, lovely day for it. There was a guy with a camera wandering around as I was leaving, was that you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I've even been in Carton at night - around the boathouse, and no probs.
    But I'd say if you were found wandering around the course, or poking your nose too close to the resi end of the hotel you might be asked questions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

VisionaryP wrote: »
    I shot a wedding there today, lovely day for it. There was a guy with a camera wandering around as I was leaving, was that you?

Thanks to all.

I thought I had about 2 hours to kill around Maynooth today but plans changed at the last minute so I didn't get there afterall.

How and ever, it is now on my places to shoot list (which I must actually get back to using).

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Thanks to all.

I thought I had about 2 hours to kill around Maynooth today but plans changed at the last minute so I didn't get there afterall.

How and ever, it is now on my places to shoot list (which I must actually get back to using).

Cheers.

You could spend your two hours wandering around Tesco in Maynooth either!
    It's fecking monstrous!

Advertisement