Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I report potential credit card fraud?

Options
  • 27-03-2010 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I signed up for a free trial with a website. Cancelled it within the stated time but I have been billed €50!! I can't get in contact with them . Customer support is not responding to me. I did not knowingly sign up for this at all.

I have a Mastercard with AIB , do they have an e-mail/number that I can contact to report this. Can't locate it on their sitr.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Look on the back of your card. The number you need is there, and it's open 24/7. Ring them ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

To be honest i wouldn't say its going to be classed as fraud, you signed up for the website willingly, i wouldn't be surprised if there was something in the T&Cs that allows them to debit your car even though you only signed up for a free trial!
    Always read the terms and conditions behind free things even if they state something is free it might not actually be!

You should ring the credit card company explain the situation they will probably say its a dispute and that it will take some time to get the funds back!

Advertisement