Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neither shift key is working. help

Options
  • 27-03-2010 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

basically because computers can act just totally gay, i am now not able to use capital letters unless i press caps lock, however i still cant use exclamation marks and such.

i didn't change any settings, sticky keys is not on and i can refresh the page using shift plus f5 meaning the shift button is working.

very very annoying right now anyone have any help....oh ya i cant put a question mark at the end of this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭dun79

Hi TKT
    i didn't change any settings, sticky keys is not on and i can refresh the page using shift plus f5 meaning the shift button is working.

its just f5 to refresh a web page so it sounds like you shift keys are broke.

what make and model is your laptop and how old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TKT

it's an acer travelmate 5730 and it's 15 months old.

thanks btw, im so tired i don't know what i was thinking regarding shift and f5. i thought it was too unlikely that both keys would go.

Advertisement