Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Airbourne Album

Options
  • 27-03-2010 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Quality :)

Dublin show coming up in a couple of weeks

Happy happy days :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Yeah I like acdc Airbourne! The 1st album was good, and ive got the second in my queue to listen to - seemingly its getting positive reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mkvenner

Ive only listened to bits of it, and i like it.
    Cant wait to get it! :)

And sadly i cant go to the Dublin gig this year. If they come again Ill definatly go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Haven't listened to it all but on first take it is ok, not mind blowing by any means . Definitely a stronger ac/dc influence in this one than the first. Still well worth getting I think.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Gonna buy the new album this week. They were class in the Ambassador in 2008 so cant wait for the Academy date. :) . Last time the singer walked trew the crowd and played on the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Have only been listening to bits of it so far, but I'm liking it a lot. Is the gig sold out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

The new album is pretty decent from these guys, cant decide if I still prefer the first album though

I believe the gig is sold out

Not soliciting guys, but anyone have any tickets spare?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Cant wait for this gig tonight! Been mad to see them since i saw the Wacken DVD. Latest gigs have been getting great reviews too.

I've a pulled muscle in me back but i aint gonna let that stop me!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

emtroche wrote: »
    Cant wait for this gig tonight! Been mad to see them since i saw the Wacken DVD. Latest gigs have been getting great reviews too.

I've a pulled muscle in me back but i aint gonna let that stop me!!:D

I feel for ya man, nothing worse than back problems.......

tonight should be great - there are apparently two support bands - Taking Dawn and Black Spiders - show in Belfast last night getting rave reviews....can't find stage times anywhere but from last night :-

Taking Dawn - 7:30
    Black Spiders - 8:15
    Airbourne - 9:15-10:45

would be just about perfect then for getting home........

• Registered Users Posts: 8 analyst

Was at the gig in the ambassador last year. It was the best gig I've been at. Heard about them around 2006. Their EP is quite good.

I cannot stress enough that you bring ear plugs tonight. I was deaf for 3 days after last years gig. I was standing near the engineers desk in the ambassador last year and I saw the DB meter hit 110 DB at one point.

I just hope this year that Joel plays through the crowd like he did last year. Rock N F*ckin Roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

It was an excellent show! They are really good at what they do aren't they?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Cr@p, I hate the fact that I missed this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

What can u say about a gig like that!

Ferocious!

Falt out rock n roll. Serious energy out of the band. At one stage he did a lap of the balcony. And the few bars of "The boys of the county down" was a nice touch!

The gig was just what the doctor ordered. Left the place with a massive smile on me face.

Roll on Rock am Ring! Cant wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

fantactic gig - very lively at the front - ears still ringing

great rock band

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yup loved the gig . Second time seeing them they just get better each time. Prob gonna get announced for Oxegen since they are playing TITP

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What are Taking Dawn like live?

I got their album on Monday and it is a cracking hard rock album. Full of catchy hooks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Over the past week I've gotten into the new Airbourne album: No Guts, No Glory. Love it! Must have listened to it 5 or 6 times a day at work.

Nice catchy riff on "Bottom of the Well" before the chorus which isn't half as good.

Some great rocking stuff on there even if it is an ACDC rip off :pac:

Advertisement