Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E71 switches itself off when any keys pressed

• 27-03-2010 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Having a world of problems with my Nokia E71 (meteor) since yesterday. Started during the day, everything was working fine but them mid call the phone knocked itself off. Got it back on but every time I tried to make, or recieve, a call it would knock off!

Done some googling and similar problems seemed to be fixed with a software upgrade so I set everything up and there was an updated firmware available. Installed that via Nokia Software Updater and all seemed to run smoothly until the very end when the phone rebooted and a grey screen appears asking for the pin. Now any keystroke just makes the phone turn itself off!

Tried turning it on without the sim and it loads upto the Select Country ... but again any keystroke turns it off again!

Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

... well that was slightly embarrassing ... after spending most of yesterday, well into the early hours this morning, and again all morning trying to fix the issue I brought it back to the shop I bought it in. Explained theproblem so they said they would send it away to for an engineer to check. Just before they took it in I said, "here, I'll just show you the problem happening" .... turned it on, screen to select country appeared ... "Now, any key press here will tuen the phone off" I declared ... pressed a key and the flippen thing worked flawlessly!
    Brought it home and restored the pre firmware update files and hey presto ... working as if nothing was ever wrong!!!

Advertisement