Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there a "best" hospital?

• 27-03-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭

So myself and the wife just found out last night we're expecting. Its our first, and as you can imagine our heads are full of questions. Firstly, is there a major difference in the maternity hospitals relating to standards of care? We want to go private, will that make a huge difference?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Mount Carmel is the only private hospital,it is very good but there is no NICU there.
    The other hospitals are public with the option to go private.Normally pick one nearest work or home so it is more convenient.
    Holles St is where i went,The Merrion Wing is where the private rooms are.It is really nice:)
    i also found the standard of care there excellent.
    Different people will have horror stories or gret stories about every hospital.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congratulations Keano!

Advertisement