Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading phpdev423

Options
  • 27-03-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hey, I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure which one to put it in.

I was just wondering if anyone could help with downloading phpdev423.exe, I need it for college project. I thought I had downloaded it correctly but then I tried using the PHP and MySQL parts and it said it wasnt intalled properly.

Does anyone know how to install it properly? I'm very lost!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

What is pepdev423.exe? Where did you download it from? What did you do once you downloaded it?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

I was told in college to go to http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?cid=59334

and to follow the steps from there. Its some kind of PHP and MySQL combination with Apache. I got as far as Step 7 when I got very confused. I did download it but it said it wasn't downloaded properly. Very lost!

I got as far as Step 7 when I got very confused. I did download it but it said it wasn't downloaded properly. Very lost!
    Do you have a screen shot of the error message, or the exact text of the error.

As the error is about a download problem, did you try download it again?

As an alternative you could download and install XAMPP for Windows. It is the same - a bundle of Apache, MySQL and PHP. Many people here use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Oh that will do perfectly, I'll try downloading that instead. Thanks a million for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

You certainly are not explaining the problem very well.

We need: Error messages, screenshots, directory names, step-by-step instructions etc.

Please tell us everything you have done to get to this point: URLs involved, filenames downloaded, where to, icon names - everything

Of course, as this is for college, you should go to your tutors - they are being paid to help you.

This icon is the XAMPP control panel. You run it and Start the Apache, MySQL and other services. PHP will run with Apache.

When you run it what happens? What file does the icon point to? (Right click, Properties, what is Target?).
    If it quickly opens a command prompt window you should open a command prompt window yourself and run the command from there (using 'Target') and tell us what error message comes up.

Have a look at the FAQ: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/faq-xampp-windows.html

• Advertisement

Have you tried running xampp-control.exe? That is the one that the shortcut on my desktop points to.
    From it you can click the 'Start' buttons for Apache and MySQL.
    Then you can go to your browser and go to http://localhost

Advertisement