Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie to rc cars advice?

Options
  • 27-03-2010 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi so im looking to buy and get into rc cars id be looking for an on roads one.

Whats the best to buy? Were to buy? Electric or nitro? etc Any advice yehs can give id much appreciate thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mika_

One thing when you will be looking for a model car - choose a brand for which you will be able to get the spares easily.
    Me and my mate both have nitro trucks - I've got a revo and he's got xtm xst. When something breaks I get the spares witout a problem from any online shop, and he has to search high and low for his, which in the end becomes very frustrating.
    Sure, his truck to buy was about half price of mine, but mine is more reliable and gives more fun, while his stands broken in the corner waiting for spares.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Spam anyone?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

Hi so im looking to buy and get into rc cars id be looking for an on roads one.

Whats the best to buy? Were to buy? Electric or nitro? etc Any advice yehs can give id much appreciate thanks.

What do you want out of the car. Is it for bashing around or for racing you want it for?

Any ideas on a price you want to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

What do you want out of the car. Is it for bashing around or for racing you want it for?

Any ideas on a price you want to spend?

Ah bashing around for starters anyway till i get a feel for it, is there much racing in around the dub area?

Eh id say between 200 to 300 hundred euro would that be enough for a starter car?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

for 300 you should be able to buy second hand racer. Why don't you come to St. Annes park in Raheny on Sunday for a race day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Might be worth dropping over to Lucan to have a look at the off road electrics.
    One thing i reckon before you make a purchase is to look at all types of racing. Often you have an idea in your head but when you see the real thing you prefer somthing else.
    I always wanted to do on road nitro, but much prefer off road electric!

http://www.dublinmodelracing.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Ah bashing around for starters anyway till i get a feel for it, is there much racing in around the dub area?

Eh id say between 200 to 300 hundred euro would that be enough for a starter car?

Yes there is I have a friend who does it I think it's in St. Annes park. I think they have a couple of races a month during spring/summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 William White

There is weekly racing in Griffeen Valley in Lucan. About 15-20 racers every week and steadily growing. Everyone welcome.
    see www.dublinmodelracing.com

Advertisement