Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Fall Lydon Court

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0327/galway.html

Hope everything is going to be ok for the little lad

Ah no. Hope he'll be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

That is so sad,if its beaumont its probably head injuries,pray god everything will be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Got such a shock when I heard this, such a tragic accident. Poor little lad, and his poor mam. Hoping everything will be okay.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My uncle happened upon the scene as the ambulance he didn't know it was a child as the poor little thing was covered in a coat. It was from the apartments beside the back entrance to TK Maxx.

God I hope the little lamb pulls through, how horrible. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0327/galway.html

Hope everything is going to be ok for the little lad
    any chance of a summary instead of just a link

• Advertisement

An 18mth old baby fall out a second storey apartment window, it was transferred to Dublin in a critical condition

I feel sick thinking about it, parents should be questioned considering how a child not long walking managed to get up and out a window

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Didn't something like this happen down the West about 10 or 15 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Heart bleeds for the little one and his parents:(

You can be the best, most careful parent in the world and accidents can still happen!!!
    I remember almost 16 years ago when my eldest lad would lie beside me in the bed to get him to sleep for his afternoon nap when he was about 14 months. One afternoon I fell asleep beside him but he woke and crawled to the end of the bed and I awoke just as he was about to crawl off the end of the bed with the blind cord wrapped around his neck!!!

Needless to say, that ended the practice of trying to get him to sleep by lying beside him. I did the tough love thing and got him used to falling asleep alone.....He was my first at the time so it was a learning exercise for me.

Obviously I don't know the details behind this but all it takes is for example is an older child to be in the same room as a little one and open the window whilst a parent is for example in the bathroom!!!
    At the same time, it could be that the parents weren't watching properly.....Who knows but at this stage, I certainly wouldn't be trying to lay blame anywhere....for now

I'm gonna spend my energy instead praying and hoping for the little one

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Children heal much better from injuries like this though they're bones aren't fully formed so bend rather than break. Hopefully he'll be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I would agree with you ScumLord on Wompa but unfortunately think that the head injury will probably respond in very much the same way as an adults head injury would!

I'd agree, bones mend even more so for children but unfortunately the brain is not a bone. Again wait and see and hope he recovers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

AntiRip wrote: »
    I'd agree, bones mend even more so for children but unfortunately the brain is not a bone. Again wait and see and hope he recovers
    It's also not fully developed in a child, I think that makes a huge difference, the brains still growing unlike in an adult where it's done growing with no possibility to grow more.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Poor baby

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The Child has died unfortunately R.I.P

Also to clarify my quote was more at the inept reporting of RTE. The news agency that toggled between Bhutto being injured and dead 3 times and having a headline that said She was injured and then the story actually said she died. I wouldn't have made a joke about a baby falling out of a window for the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

RIP. A tragic accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Thats just so sad, poor little fella. And the parents. Its just awful. Will have a candle lighting for him today. RIP.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

How awful and heartbreaking. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Oh no, that is so sad. I was just meeting a member of the boards when we heard this.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

RIP little dude. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

poor little guy. My heart goes out to the parents.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0329/galway.html

Toddler dies after fall from Galway apartment
    Monday, 29 March 2010 11:24
    A toddler, who fell from a second-floor apartment in Galway, has died at Children's University Hospital, Temple Street in Dublin.
    The 18-month-old fell from a window of the apartment at Lydon Court, on Rosemary Avenue in the city centre at a 9.45am on Saturday morning.
    A post mortem will be carried out this afternoon.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

so sad RIP little man :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Very sad to hear that.My heart goes out to his parents.
    RIP.

Advertisement