Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I bumped into you earlier!" thread.

Options
  • 27-03-2010 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭

Alreeeeeeeet, this thread can be for discussion of other forum members you encountered in the recent past and shtuff.

Within reason, and if you feel like, umm, sharing it and such suchness.
    Isn't there mention of this in the charter? Maybe.

I'm bumping into Aoibheann with alarming frequency these days. I'm beginning to suspect that she lurks around the science building in college, in wait, and then "nonchalantly" times her departure so that it coincides with mine. Nod.

So, who've you been seeing a lot of recently?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Bumped into bythewoods on Thursday and Friday. On both occasions she showered me with racist insults and made me feel like less of a person..

Then some other day (possibly Thursday also) I had a wonderfully awkward conversation with Craguls outside the library. Craguls wasn't the cause of the awkwardness mind you, that was all down to a friend of mine with me at the time :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I'm bumping into Aoibheann with alarming frequency these days. I'm beginning to suspect that she lurks around the science building in college, in wait, and then "nonchalantly" times her departure so that it coincides with mine. Nod.
    She'll do that and then accuse you of stalking her. IT'S A PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY BUILDING AOIBHEANN!
    phlegms wrote: »
    Then some other day (possibly Thursday also) I had a wonderfully awkward conversation with Craguls outside the library. Craguls wasn't the cause of the awkwardness mind you, that was all down to a friend of mine with me at the time :rolleyes:

Beautifully awkward <3
    Types of energy in a high five? *facepalm*

Anyway, yeah, I hangout with Aoibheann and Banjopaul everyday in college, often see Sligobrewer in lectures, frequently bump into A Neurotic around campus to doss for a bit, catch phelgms smoking and trying to be all cool outside the library most days and usually go for drinks/adventures with Fad, Sarcasticfairy, Extrasupervery and some of the aforementioned boardsies most weekends, occasionally Insect Overload too. Usually see/hear about Pggy through some old school friends of mine and bump into Ginja Ninja on occasion. Also had the privilege of meeting the lovely Hotaru last weekend and met Piste and Jesus Juice a few months back. Oh and went to a concert with Bythewoods last night.

Man, I integrate the internet far too much with my life, should work on getting a new hobby....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Extrasupervery saved me from going to the library to study Tort yesterday. She also made me eat. <3

Then we went to try cheer Fad up with cherry lollipops... He wasn't to be cheered up. :(

Saw Aoibheann, kateos2 and ohthebaby on Wednesday night.

Saw Ginja Ninja sometime during the week, briefly.

I see Extrasupervery almost everyday (or at least, those days I actually trek over to UCD) and Fad, whenever he's not busy trying to pretend he's not a waster deep down. I also see Craguls, A Neurotic, Aoibheann regularly and occasionally Insect Overlord, for the drinks/adventures Craguls mentioned. <3 See Ginja floating around sometimes too.

I'mma see Fad later.
    Craguls wrote: »
    Man, I integrate the internet far too much with my life, should work on getting a new hobby....

I'm torn between +1ing, and telling you not to get a new hobby cos we'd miss you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I met syncosised on my way home from town.(It's not much of a feat, we live almost across from eachother.) He had shades and a tennis racket, so I wasn't sure if it was him, but I said hi and he told me my house was being insulated, which I knew already, living in this particular house. We then bid one another goodbye in the common fashion, proceeding to walk in the direction we had designated before this unexpected crossing of paths.

You can stop gripping the arms of your chair now.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

A very accurate description of our meeting. Very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

syncosised wrote: »
    A very accurate description of our meeting. Very good.

Psst, thanks, except I omitted the guy with the long hair who was with you, presumably you had shades and a tennis racket for a reason, and I didn't want people on here to be drawn to any homo-erotic conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

If I don't see Sarcastic Fairy daily I haz a sad.

For realz.

I see Ginja all the time as he spends his life in the arts block, despite doing science.

I saw kateos2 yesterday, and ohthebaby last week. Saw Fad yesterday aswell.

I happen to see a lot of A Neurotic, Craguls and Aoibheann too...and Insect Overlord when he sees fit to grace us with his presence. Hotaru lives about 30 seconds from me, or used to. I see bythewoods every now and then too, and chatbox. Jesus Juice showed up a while back (and saw me get wasted on about three drinks at 2am). Uuuuhm...saw thecardholder a few weeks ago. Annnd Pyg a little while ago...and Piste...and now I'm just bored. Later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Me and Craguls met recently, he was in DCU for his own reasons and sent me a text explaining how he wanted nothing more than to be with me, even just for a little while.
    I reluctantly put my pants on (hey, it was only 5PM) and went out to meet him.
    We made small talk for a while and then we walked to his bike, holding hands and giggling like schoolgirls who've just been asked to the debs by their ex-best-friend's hot older brother.

Disclaimer: This may or may not be how it actually went

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

It worries me that I've seen a lot more of phlegms this week than I have of A Neurotic. Considering myself and the latter are supposedly in the same class, whereas phlegms is a filthy Arts student who looks like something out of Schindler's List.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Apart from the meetup, I've had the following encounters with C&Hers:

Dancing in The academy when I heard who turned out to be bythewoods yelling my name. She then introduced me to A_neurotic and we gallavanted for the remainder of the night.

A while back i was partaying in crawdaddy. A well dressed gentleman in a suit joined our posse. After a few shots, he decided to pop me the question, ''You're off boards aren't you?''. This fine gentleman turned out to be phelgms.

After attending the oxegen launch and free bar myself and a friend stumbled around town drunk. We somehow ended up in Trinity's art block where I ran into Walsho.

Briefly seen a group that included Fad,SarcasticFairy, A_Neurotic, Craguls & Extrasupervery in the pav a while ago.

Who will be next? *dramatic music*

• Advertisement

bythewoods wrote: »
    It worries me that I've seen a lot more of phlegms this week than I have of A Neurotic. Considering myself and the latter are supposedly in the same class, whereas phlegms is a filthy Arts student who looks like something out of a book full of really sexy and suave and awesome people.

F-Y-motherfookin'-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

I wish I knew C&H'ers :(

phlegms wrote: »
    F-Y-motherfookin'-P

You look like something out of a book?

What do people in books look like?

Pygmalion wrote: »
    You look like something out of a book?

What do people in books look like?

Lol?

Not on form with the quips today are you pyggy..
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hotaru lives about 30 seconds from me, or used to.

I still do! :D Not moving out till May, so must have you up super soon to return the tea-and-popcorn favour. Especially since I've a stupid amount of free time now.

So obviously I've met Extrasupervery. Also met Ginja Ninja, Fad, Craguls and A Neurotic at the super amazing (I'm still in awe) Evangelion films last weekend.

Know SligoBrewer, him being from Shligo and all (I'm still demanding a name change to ShligoBrewer).

All of them seem like ridicously nice people anyway, shall hopefully meet even more of ye in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I have to talk to this guy all the damn time. He's a bit of a jerk tbh. In fact I think I'm going to go and punch him in the back of the head.

Oh yeah and Fad's apparently in my programming group but I haven't actually met with the group at all. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Davidius wrote: »
    I have to talk to this guy all the damn time. He's a bit of a jerk tbh. In fact I think I'm going to go and punch him in the back of the head.

Oh yeah and Fad's apparently in my programming group but I haven't actually met with the group at all. :pac:
    ROFL at the desperate visitor messages. :P
    Post moar.

jumpguy wrote: »
    ROFL at the desperate visitor messages. :P
    I do so because he creeps me out a bit. Every now and then I find he mysteriously thanks my posts and never mentions it to me.

His login times also appear to be very ghost-like in nature. Not to mention there was the day he started using an avatar out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Mine have already been mentioned here...

Saw sarcasticfairy on wednesday, and extrasupervery on friday (cake was exchanged :P)
    I saw Fad from a distance too during the week.

Other than that haven't seen anyone, apart from the people who were at the UCD beers, which was ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

So...uh...anyone here not in Trinity or UCD? :pac:

• Advertisement

Piste wrote: »

DCU here.
    It's so lonely

DCU here.
    It's so lonely
    Why didn't you go to ytinirt? They have that in that semi-mirror universe of yours, right?

Why didn't you go to ytinirt? They have that in that semi-mirror universe of yours, right?

Well the Trinity open day didn't impress me at all, I didn't bother going to the ytinirT one since I assumed it'd be about the same, but with a bunch of left-handed people.

Well the Trinity open day didn't impress me at all, I didn't bother going to the ytinirT one since I assumed it'd be about the same, but with a bunch of left-handed people.
    I felt it was quite the opposite. For instance, nobody there thought I was trying to steal their magical book of spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Piste wrote: »

UCC!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Funnily enough, I have not seen IO all week. I think he's avoiding us :eek:

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I have not seen IO all week. I think he's avoiding us :eek:
    Now let's not all jump to ridiculous conclusions before looking at the logical ones.

Now to me, it seems like he's been kidnapped by Cuban terrorists.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Y'know, I have seen an awful lot of Cubans around Mary I this last week...

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Y'know, I have seen an awful lot of Cubans around Mary I this last week...
    Did any of them seem to be following anybody who seemed in anyway poetic? Heard poetry is a necessity in breaking the protection on many nuclear bombs and operational apparatus. Sad poetry apparently makes some of the grunts more willing to do the "hit it with a hammer to see if it's a dud" test too.

• Advertisement

Did any of them seem to be following anybody who seemed in anyway poetic? Heard poetry is a necessity in breaking the protection on many nuclear bombs and operational apparatus. Sad poetry apparently makes some of the grunts more willing to do the "hit it with a hammer to see if it's a dud" test too.

If a childhood of Playstation games have thought me anything it's that weapons are generally activated by solving a series of riddles, often in poem form.
    That way only the top leaders of the US military have access to them.

Advertisement