Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "I bumped into you earlier!" thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Saw Aoibheann and Kateos2 at The Panel last night! :D \o/

He also almost missed his train while making sure the doctor did in fact prescribe me stuff for my migraines.. :pac: Stupid appointments running an hour late.

'twas lovely seeing Kate. The two of us should be on the Panel, the panelists kept making jokes about ten seconds after WE'D already said 'em... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Saw a Panda yesterday :P

But I didn't see you! :( Bakers though yes?! We'll keep our eyes peeled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

But I didn't see you! :( Bakers though yes?! We'll keep our eyes peeled!

No...day before yesterday in that case :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Aoibheann wrote: »
    He also almost missed his train while making sure the doctor did in fact prescribe me stuff for my migraines.. :pac: Stupid appointments running an hour late.

'twas lovely seeing Kate. The two of us should be on the Panel, the panelists kept making jokes about ten seconds after WE'D already said 'em... :D

Tbh, I think they were secretly listening to what the audience were saying, and in our case when they heard our epic jokes, told the panelists to say them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

kateos2 wrote: »
    Tbh, I think they were secretly listening to what the audience were saying, and in our case when they heard our epic jokes, told the panelists to say them.

Comedy shows are usually funnier with a live audience, I think you may have just explained why.

kateos2 wrote: »

Hrmm.. Methinks we should start our own panel-type show. As well as the bakery and the restaurant of course. Sure, we might as well make jobs for ourselves with the state of the country! :pac:
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    Comedy shows are usually funnier with a live audience, I think you may have just explained why.

But ESPECIALLY when myself and Kate are there.. :p

Hrmm.. Methinks we should start our own panel-type show. As well as the bakery and the restaurant of course. Sure, we might as well make jobs for ourselves with the state of the country! :pac:

Or we could combine all three to have a panel-type bakery restaurant show... It would so work. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I may or may not have seen Richard Cranium near Brookfield earlier. But I can't be sure because it was cold, I was late, and my eyesight is not so good, even with glasses :(

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

Jay P wrote: »
    I may or may not have seen Richard Cranium near Brookfield earlier. But I can't be sure because it was cold, I was late, and my eyesight is not so good, even with glasses :(

Yeah that was me. I tried really really really hard to salute you today, but my face was so numb that it just didn't move when I wanted it to.

In other news, today I introduced myself to KnifeWRENCH, BanjoFella and Cows go mu.

I also hosted one of their very drunk lecturers in my house until about 5 minutes ago. Fun was had by all. Probably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Yeah that was me. I tried really really really hard to salute you today, but my face was so numb that it just didn't move when I wanted it to.

I know what you mean. Though in my case, I just really wasn't sure :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

I too met KnifeWrench, BanjoFella and Cows go mu last night. I was quite drunk, so I might have made an ass of myself! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I think I seen Kateos2 at a party in Rathmines on Saturday. She leaned towards a candle and her hair set fire. was it you?

Fago! wrote: »
    I think I seen Kateos2 at a party in Rathmines on Saturday. She leaned towards a candle and her hair set fire. was it you?

Nope wasn't me, although that does sound like something I would manage to do.

I saw conorstuff today! \o/ He came to two of my lectures (and took notes :D) and we got coffee/tea/baked goods in the hour between them. 'twas lovely! Didn't get to say goodbye though. ;_;

I saw conorstuff today! \o/ He came to two of my lectures (and took notes :D) and we got coffee/tea/baked goods in the hour between them. 'twas lovely! Didn't get to say goodbye though. ;_;

Indeed. 'Twas awesome. (Well, despite being utterly lost in the second lecture). And you were talking to somebody and I didn't want to interrupt or anything, so I kind of just unsocially left. My bad.

• Advertisement

Indeed. 'Twas awesome. (Well, despite being utterly lost in the second lecture). And you were talking to somebody and I didn't want to interrupt or anything, so I kind of just unsocially left. My bad.

Ah, but I see the person I was talking to in lectures every day! :( You should come visit more. <3 I tend to be lost in Geometry anyway, so I wouldn't worry about being lost. It's really interesting though with a bit of effort put in!

Ah, but I see the person I was talking to in lectures every day! :( You should come visit more. <3 I tend to be lost in Geometry anyway, so I wouldn't worry about being lost. It's really interesting though with a bit of effort put in!

Yeah, I immediately went looking some notes on the subject when I got home! I probably will come visit more next year if I've a less protracted timetable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Did I see Timbuk2 at the Goatstown/Clonskeagh side of UCD...at the bus-stop just up the road from the main Honda dealer today around 3...?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Did I see Timbuk2 at the Goatstown/Clonskeagh side of UCD...at the bus-stop just up the road from the main Honda dealer today around 3...?

Nope, wasn't me, although I was around UCD I wasn't out that side of it!

It could have been a Tim-lookalike though. In my secondary school there was a guy in the year below me who was apparently "the spitting image" of me (I didn't see the resemblance at all) so much so that a few people mistakenly approached him, thinking he was me. People then made a point of calling him Tim (his name was Shane or something). Neither of us were impressed.

This has nothing to do with anything though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Nope, wasn't me, although I was around UCD I wasn't out that side of it!

It could have been a Tim-lookalike though. In my secondary school there was a guy in the year below me who was apparently "the spitting image" of me (I didn't see the resemblance at all) so much so that a few people mistakenly approached him, thinking he was me. People then made a point of calling him Tim (his name was Shane or something). Neither of us were impressed.

This has nothing to do with anything though :P

Ah brilliant, I was staring at him while stopped wondering was it you or not, must mean I looked like a complete fool then :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Conorstuff, was that you I saw at one of the stand-up computers in the Arts Block at around 4.30pm today?

Conorstuff, was that you I saw at one of the stand-up computers in the Arts Block at around 4.30pm today?

Yup, that was definitely me. Facebooking after a long day before another few hours of study!

Ahh sure I was probably doing the same - studying all day today, with a break in the middle to meet a friend who was at the open day! Will probably be at the same tomorrow :S

Ahh sure I was probably doing the same - studying all day today, with a break in the middle to meet a friend who was at the open day! Will probably be at the same tomorrow :S

Same. Tough times. :P

I think I saw Insect Overlord in HMV in Limerick yesterday but I'm not 100% sure...and I didn't have the neck to go up to you and say anything!

If it was you I was the girl in the grey coat with curly hair who was following you around the shop:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

almostnever and myself had a little chat on Dawson Street yesterday evening. She was heading off for drinks with lecturers. Good times.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think I saw Insect Overlord in HMV in Limerick yesterday but I'm not 100% sure...and I didn't have the neck to go up to you and say anything!

If it was you I was the girl in the grey coat with curly hair who was following you around the shop:o

Haha, yeah, that was me! :D I was only there for a few minutes. Couldn't find the CD I was looking for. >_< You'll have to say hi next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I saw **Timbuk2** at the RDS earlier. I was far too busy trying to cram (or avoid cramming >.>) random information about Aristotle and Karl Marx to say hi, though.

What time was that? I had an elective in Statistics at 9-11am!!

Speaking of the RDS, I saw Davidius's name on the seat list sheet last Tuesday! For a fleeting second I planned on running into the hall, going to his seat and writing a message on the table directed to 'Davidius', just to see would he be taken back :P

Far too intimidated of him to do it though :P

I never bump into anyone anymore. :( Must fix this!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Get more of your friends to use C&H instead :p

Get more of your friends to use C&H instead :p

They're BUSY! Or have drama-llama'd out, or stopped posting... You get the idea.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

They're BUSY! Or have drama-llama'd out, or stopped posting... You get the idea.. :P

WHAT ABOUT ME?!

You always bump into me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

How the HELL do we not bump into each other?! :P

Konata wrote: »
    WHAT ABOUT ME?!

You always bump into me :P

YOU DON'T EVEN GO HERE! <3 Also, I don't think you count seeing as we live together.. ¬_¬
    OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    How the HELL do we not bump into each other?! :P

I don't know, but it makes me sad. :( We must arrange an "accidental" bumping into eaching other.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

I don't know, but it makes me sad. :( We must arrange an "accidental" bumping into eaching other.. :D

I stalk you outside your walk past your house all the time :P

And yes, ''accidental'' bumping sounds fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I've seen you around a few times, I would say hello but you always look busy :o

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    I stalk you outside your walk past your house all the time :P

And yes, ''accidental'' bumping sounds fun :)

Awesome! You must be really good at it, I never see you. :(

And YAY!
    Lawliet wrote: »
    I've seen you around a few times, I would say hello but you always look busy :o

Oh! I keep seeing you and thinking the same thing.. >_< Next time, we shall say hello! Need more TCD beers actually..

I bumped into Lawliet in Aldi in Rathmines last week :D I bought oranges. She bought bread. It was a beautiful moment :P

• Advertisement

Oh! I keep seeing you and thinking the same thing.. >_< Next time, we shall say hello! Need more TCD beers actually..
    We shall :D
    Konata wrote: »
    I bumped into Lawliet in Aldi in Rathmines last week biggrin.gif I bought oranges. She bought bread. It was a beautiful moment tongue.gif
    And then we talked about buses...I'm getting emotional just thinking about it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Aldi in Rathmines? I go there too, AAAHAHHH!!!!!!!

Aldi in Rathmines? I go there too, AAAHAHHH!!!!!!!

Me tooooooooooooooo!

Lads, Aldi party at some stage soon. Anyone else do Lidl while they're at it?

Eh I sometimes go to Lidl in Dundrum - anyone? :P

Aldi party sounds epic. And the drink would be cheap!
    But Lidl, yeah, no that requires crossing the road, way too much effort. Although I might consider it if they get those raspberry danishes Aldi is constantly sold out off...

• Advertisement

Aldi's non-food bargains are so much more fun than Lidl's. Like they have the coolest stuff. So I don't bother with Lidl most of the time.

Eh I sometimes go to Lidl in Dundrum - anyone? :P

I go there from time to time!

Aldi/Lidl parties FTepicW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

What the hell is an Aldi?
    Speaking of the RDS, I saw Davidius's name on the seat list sheet last Tuesday! For a fleeting second I planned on running into the hall, going to his seat and writing a message on the table directed to 'Davidius', just to see would he be taken back :P

Far too intimidated of him to do it though :P
    If that ever happens now I know who to kill. give a sternly worded talking to. make empty threats to on the internet.

Met A Neurotic in Nenagh tonight, 'twas great:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Met A Neurotic in Nenagh tonight, 'twas great:)

I now have a tradition of having mad chats with you in Maximus every single time I go in there.

I may have been a bit tipsy for our latest encounter, and I may well have talked ****e. Good times!

• Advertisement
Advertisement