Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I bumped into you earlier!" thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I love free stuff at open days! That's all I used to do! Pens, sweets anything I could get my hands on. We went to the Queen's open day and got free pizza, free red bull and just lots of cool free stuff! I also got a free USB Memory key from NUI Maynooth at Higher Options.

I miss free stuff! There was loads of it during Orientation week in UCD, then nothing.

Me and my friends were walking down some empty hall and passed this room with LOADS of sweets on a table.
    So we sneaked in and grabbed loads of them and shoved them in our bags.
    Next thing, didn't we look up and these 4 college students were just staring at us from a table in the corner :pac:

And I talked to the sociology girl even though I had no interest and looked like a right goul when I asked her what it was. Then I took a free bag, pen and chocolate :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

.I miss free stuff! There was loads of it during Orientation week in UCD, then nothing.

There was a crazy amount of free stuff at Orientation week and Freshers week. Other than that there has been pretty much nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

unknown13 wrote: »
    Going to an open day in your uniform defeats the whole purpose of going because you can't have any fun.

Fad, was that you sitting by the window in the Arts Cafe.

Haven't been near the Arts Cafe since the Friday of Orientation Week.

I was in the student centre while you where floating around though! >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I miss free stuff! There was loads of it during Orientation week in UCD, then nothing.

We get so much free stuff, we've become expert bullshítters :D We went to a graduate employment thing last year just to get all the food, and then had to try not to let it slip that we were 1st years and wouldn't be looking for jobs for a good 5 years or so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

We get so much free stuff, we've become expert bullshítters :D We went to a graduate employment thing last year just to get all the food, and then had to try not to let it slip that we were 1st years and wouldn't be looking for jobs for a good 5 years or so :D

I went to our careers fair today, sure I'm doing teaching WTF do I need to talk to accountancy firms and stuff like that for! :D Serious haul too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I saw SarahBeep! today. and yesterday. and the day before. One day involved soil I remember.

Saw Timbuk2 on the bus today but wasn't completely sure until I got on the 46a and actually saw his name on his bag. Oh well. I shall have to refine my skills of facial-recognition-based-on-photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I think I may have seen a boardsie or two in UCD today...I was in the Vets with my dog, may have heard me coming in from the Clonskeagh end and going all the way around by Roebuck, then to the front and then the Vets :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I keep seeing European Son around the Arts Block and college in general, but as I'm very important with a very busy BESS schedule I think it's important I never say hello.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Saw Timbuk2 on the bus today but wasn't completely sure until I got on the 46a and actually saw his name on his bag. Oh well. I shall have to refine my skills of facial-recognition-based-on-photos.

:eek:

I thought it was you too, but then I had that 'Oh I don't think it is at all he looks different in the photo and I would look like an idiot if I said something' moment - why do I always do that!? I should have said something! Crazy to think we were on the same bus the whole way up!

I'd say the fact that I was sitting beside my twin brother confused you a bit - some say we will look a bit alike, but we don't actually! He was the one that got off in Drumcondra! Also I wrote my name on my bag (in Tippex!!) to stop me from taking the wrong bag off the bottom of the bus, which I have done before :o

Anyway - before the end of this week, I will meet you properly - and MavisDavis too, she's not exempt from my craziness :p

I had two books on Introduction to Combinatorics in my bag - think of the discussion that could have been had :P

• Advertisement

:eek:

I thought it was you too, but then I had that 'Oh I don't think it is at all he looks different in the photo and I would look like an idiot if I said something' moment - why do I always do that!? I should have said something! Crazy to think we were on the same bus the whole way up!

I'd say the fact that I was sitting beside my twin brother confused you a bit - some say we will look a bit alike, but we don't actually! He was the one that got off in Drumcondra! Also I wrote my name on my bag (in Tippex!!) to stop me from taking the wrong bag off the bottom of the bus, which I have done before :o

Anyway - before the end of this week, I will meet you properly - and MavisDavis too, she's not exempt from my craziness :p

I had two books on Introduction to Combinatorics in my bag - think of the discussion that could have been had :P

Ha. I didn't even realise you were related to the guy beside you. I was the one beside your friend in that case.

I had a book on Discrete Mathematics. Oh man. Fun times missed :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Ha. I didn't even realise you were related to the guy beside you. I was the one beside your friend in that case.

I had a book on Discrete Mathematics. Oh man. Fun times missed :pac:

Yea I figured that - straight across the aisle!!

I also had the Da Vinci Code (not so much fun, but actually a really good read!).

At one point I was even doing the last question of my Linear Algebra and Geometry Exercise Set. Doing maths on the bus - the height of awesometicity (shut up Chrome that is a word!)

For stalking reference, I get that bus at the same time every week. I'll probably switch to the 8, but not until X-Factor is finished - I shall not spend valuable X-Factor time on the bus!

Yea I figured that - straight across the aisle!!

I also had the Da Vinci Code (not so much fun, but actually a really good read!).

At one point I was even doing the last question of my Linear Algebra and Geometry Exercise Set. Doing maths on the bus - the height of awesometicity (shut up Chrome that is a word!)

For stalking reference, I get that bus at the same time every week. I'll probably switch to the 8, but not until X-Factor is finished - I shall not spend valuable X-Factor time on the bus!

I got the 8 two weeks ago and couldn't get a seat on the direct one so that might be something to watch out for.

Yeah, I was considering doing maths on the bus but my tiredness beat up my willpower until I just read the Ticket.

Yea getting a seat can sometimes be tricky. Even the 6 bus is usually full! Still love the Matthews buses though, so convenient!

My maths on the bus was half-hearted - I lost interest half-way through. I needed to look back at the notes for one question (as we had to prove propositions (c) and (e) from the notes) and I realised it was awkward to balance the notes and a refill pad while sitting on a bus, so I gave up!

It's actually hard to do anything on a bus. I forgot my netbook (left it in Dublin) so I would have been on that otherwise - handy having the free wifi on the bus!

It's actually hard to do anything on a bus. I forgot my netbook (left it in Dublin) so I would have been on that otherwise - handy having the free wifi on the bus!

I just sit back and listen to music when I am going into town on the bus. Nothing else to do other than that.

I just sit back and listen to music when I am going into town on the bus. Nothing else to do other than that.

I do that too, but the bus to Dublin is an hour and 10 minutes long, plus an extra 20/25 minutes from town to UCD! You get a bit sick of listening to music that long, not enough words being said!

And I just remembered that the 10 bus is finishing on Tuesday! Damn it anyway, I'll have to rely on the 46A which doesn't actually bring me into UCD. Eughh!

And I just remembered that the 10 bus is finishing on Tuesday! Damn it anyway, I'll have to rely on the 46A which doesn't actually bring me into UCD. Eughh!

It comes so frequently, you don't need to worry about it not coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

bythewoods wrote: »
    I keep seeing European Son around the Arts Block and college in general, but as I'm very important with a very busy BESS schedule I think it's important I never say hello.

That's a good idea. I mean, you've so many hours. You gotta keep going, wouldn't want to fall behind or anything.

I too saw European Son, only this time at a fire talk in Trinity Hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Interesting... I've not noticed you around tbh, I'm only around the Arts building when I'm heading back to Trinity Hall or coming in in the morning... I keep seeing Aoibheann and Lawliet around the Hamilton and East End Building respectively, though.

ohthebaby wrote: »
    That's a good idea. I mean, you've so many hours. You gotta keep going, wouldn't want to fall behind or anything.

I too saw European Son, only this time at a fire talk in Trinity Hall.
    Ah yes. I was late, and was therefore seen by everybody... :(

• Advertisement

Well it comes every 8 minutes or so, whereas the 10 comes every 10 minutes, so not a huge difference. As I live on campus, it's a longer walk from the N11 bus stop to my house than it is from the 10/17/2/3 bus stop to my house! That's the problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Well it comes every 8 minutes or so, whereas the 10 comes every 10 minutes, so not a huge difference. As I live on campus, it's a longer walk from the N11 bus stop to my house than it is from the 10/17/2/3 bus stop to my house! That's the problem!

That may be true, but the 46a/145 whichever you get, they're both pretty much the same once passed Foxrock, are much quicker getting into town than the 10 is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I keep seeing Aoibheann and Lawliet around the Hamilton and East End Building respectively, though.
    Strange I've never seen either of you around, I did see bythewoods and Dubs last week and I've passed Craguls a few times, but that's it for my boards.ie stalking spotting.
    >Implying that someone of the female gender said that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I went to the grown up debs a while ago and met a load of lovely boardsies. But since I was drinking/drunk I didn't remember alot of their names

I did meet OldGoat and Pembilly they hang out in F&A. It was my first boards night out and my best friend was with me too and she thought everyone was LOVELY! :)

Got talking to the extremely friendly conorstuff and MavisDavis earlier! A very nice way of ending a particularly crappy day :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

ohthebaby wrote: »

My favourite part of BESS is the variety of subjects. I particularly like Head & Neck Economics.
    Interesting... I've not noticed you around tbh, I'm only around the Arts building when I'm heading back to Trinity Hall or coming in in the morning... I keep seeing Aoibheann and Lawliet around the Hamilton and East End Building respectively, though.

Don't you remember me!? I do BESS.
    Lawliet wrote: »
    Strange I've never seen either of you around, I did see bythewoods and Dubs last week and I've passed Craguls a few times, but that's it for my boards.ie stalking spotting.

Oh really? I possibly blanked you if it was last week. I had a bad week. I blanked my brother on the street- the definition of being a horrible bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

My favourite part of BESS is the variety of subjects. I particularly like Head & Neck Economics.

I must say that module looks pretty cool. You guys get flip books with diagrams and everything. Jealous.com/me

Got talking to the extremely friendly conorstuff and MavisDavis earlier! A very nice way of ending a particularly crappy day :p

We made loud noises until he came over. We had a good chat, alright. :D It was nice to finally talk to to the final missing piece of the boards-Dundalk puzzle.

Don't you remember me!? I do BESS.

Oh really? I possibly blanked you if it was last week. I had a bad week. I blanked my brother on the street- the definition of being a horrible bitch!
    I think I do, but I may have you confused with ohthebaby...
    On another note, I saw Hotaru today.

• Advertisement

We made loud noises until he came over. We had a good chat, alright. :D It was nice to finally talk to to the final missing piece of the boards-Dundalk puzzle.

By loud noises they both shouted my name loudly together! Scared the bejaysus out of me at first :p

It was a good chat though :) Once I figure out who Davidius is my boards spotting should be complete for a while. Of course I'll be too afraid to talk to him, though :p

Advertisement