Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greens hit towen, towen hits greens

• 27-03-2010 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like its all getting a bit busy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

I was in town about an hour ago - big crowd making noise on the Quay outside the Tower. Most of them seemed to be from RISE - Rural Ireland Says Enough. I don't particularly agree with their cause, but fair play to them for getting organised and making noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

roads opening up again now so must be over is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Yep - they're heading back to their respective bogs as I type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

At least it was somewhat peaceful. A particular union spoke of storming the Hotel like they did on a previous occasion but thankfully there was a significant Garda presence and everything seemed to go to plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

AdMMM wrote: »
    At least it was somewhat peaceful. A particular union spoke of storming the Hotel like they did on a previous occasion but thankfully there was a significant Garda presence and everything seemed to go to plan.

When did that happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Gadgie wrote: »
    Yep - they're heading back to their respective bogs as I type.
    Ignorance is bliss.thinking.gif

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Traumadoc wrote: »
    When did that happen?

Last year when Mary coughlan was staying in the tower, some Waterford crystal workers caused a bit of havoc in the tower lobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Gormleys speech was during earth hour so he did it in the dark. I actually witnessed it going past, the tower was in darkness. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Well, it's nothing new for the Greens to be in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

AdMMM wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

A private/public security operation was in full effect securing a crowd of former tree hugging (elected :confused: representatives) who are now fianna fail puppets..

and at what cost to the taxpayer yet again?? did this operation cost

at least 50 cops not to mention
    the half dozen armed detectives on the front door in their lidl suits .
    cost thousands euro €€€€€€€€€...

why didnt the green army hold their meeting in one of those high efficiency green energy hotels in the capital rather than the FBD tower motel...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Hoffmans wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

A private/public security operation was in full effect securing a crowd of former tree hugging (elected :confused: representatives) who are now fianna fail puppets..

and at what cost to the taxpayer yet again?? did this operation cost

at least 50 cops not to mention
    the half dozen armed detectives on the front door in their lidl suits .
    cost thousands euro €€€€€€€€€...

why didnt the green army hold their meeting in one of those high efficiency green energy hotels in the capital rather than the FBD tower motel...

I'm glad they had it in Waterford. We made money from tree huggers and protesting toffs.

Ching ching.

[Off topic, but why do they want to kill deer. Can't they do something useful like kill rats, or grey squirrels?]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

dayshah wrote: »

[Off topic, but why do they want to kill deer. Can't they do something useful like kill rats, or grey squirrels?]

GOOD POINT...

just as well they behaved there saturday....
    the gards riot squad was all kitted out with batons mace and shields all primed for action on adelphi quay ready to bash heads in the name of green party chit chat.........:mad: i counted bout 40 of them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Hoffmans wrote: »
    GOOD POINT...

just as well they behaved there saturday....
    the gards riot squad was all kitted out with batons mace and shields all primed for action on adelphi quay ready to bash heads in the name of green party chit chat.........:mad: i counted bout 40 of them....

Toff cavalry versus Garda infantry. That would be interesting.

Did the Gardaí have mounted police? I'd love to see some Garda vs Deer Hunter jousting outside reginalds tower. A very fitting location for it.

Could be dangerous near the river though

Advertisement